[Day 27 - Midday] Speaking with Chinua

The Children of the Ki-Rin have opted to spare their hosts too crowded a castle and have set a small camp of several yurts encircling Moto Chinua's personal Chomchog tent. On the day of their arrival, a servant of the Dragon lord gifts the Unicorn a pair of small statues. One is Bishamon, carved in wood. The other, Ebisu, forged in steel. Lord Chinua has left the pair on display in the heart of camp.
Ide Kousuda

Re: [Day 27 - Midday] Speaking with Chinua

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:36 pm

"The Crane have littered their fields with traps, their lands ruined by war, their foodstores slim. The Mantis have next to nothing on the mainland, are too decentralized to properly maintain the Herd. The lands of the Lion remain a battleground and would also likely be unwelcoming to another clan encroaching upon their territory. The Crab likewise remain in strife, their lands, units and resources split, embattled. The Dragon's mountains and their weather would be insufficient for the needs of the Herd. Spider lands are fertile, though what small amount of lands they have are likely all devoted to crops or the Legion."

After a short pause, Kousuda continued.

"There was a ready Yamada-sama was working on with the Zogeki, very close to being finalized. I believe Saeki-sama had even signed off on it. I believe it was cancelled after they were declared separate from Rokugan, though."
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Moto Chinua

Postby Moto Chinua » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Chinua lowers his head in thought and mutters angrily to himself. "fuckfuckfuckFine."
Unicorn Clan Champion

“If I live for a thousand years, I will not forgive you what you have done. You should not have a problem with such longevity.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Kousuda gives a nod at the response.

"I believe Yamada-sama is working out the details of the treaty itself, and will present it to you later today. Is there perhaps a token or gesture you would send to them, to help make our dealings more amiable? I would offer my services as a painter, if you feel it appropriate."
Appearance!

Moto Chinua

Postby Moto Chinua » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:51 pm

"Any token I could send would only seem insincere or violent. Dealing with the Phoenix is a duty best left to others. Paint what you will, I will make a plan for how to save the horses should the Phoenix fail or betray us."
Unicorn Clan Champion

“If I live for a thousand years, I will not forgive you what you have done. You should not have a problem with such longevity.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:05 pm

"As you wish." Kousuda says with a bow. "Though there us yet more I would inform you of. Susumu Shibatsu-dono has generously extended an offer to the Unicorn: to allow our noncombatants residence within Otosan Uchi. The finer details are yet to be arranged, though with the end of court nearing, it would probably be best if you met in person to hasten the process, yes?"
Appearance!

Moto Chinua

Postby Moto Chinua » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:08 pm

"Likely, yes. Arrange it, and I will meet with him."
Unicorn Clan Champion

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:25 pm

"Excellent. I shall notify them of this. It would be good to have members of mine own family in the city, particularly with they lift on the ban gaijin goods. Further, I have been given assurances that escape via the sea is a feasible option, should the city fall."

Kousuda pauses again to collect his thoughts.

"I am to meet with the Zogeki after we conclude here. It would be beneficial to have members of my family there, I think. Especially the more trade inclined ones. There is much to be gained by having a link between the Jewel, the Emerald, and the Ivory."
Appearance!

Moto Chinua

Postby Moto Chinua » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:44 pm

"Is that not already the purpose of Journey's End? Or was that given away when the Kingdom was founded?"
Unicorn Clan Champion

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 pm

"As far as I know, control of Journey's End has nor changed. And while Journey's End is certainly an ingress into Zogeku, what I propose is more: to have Unicorn live in Second City. to have a read on the economic and political pulse of our rinjin. For a better opportunity to curry favor with our new neighbors."
Appearance!

Moto Chinua

Postby Moto Chinua » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:23 pm

"Very well. I am neither a merchant, nor a diplomat. If you think it warranted, you may make the necessary arrangements."
Unicorn Clan Champion

Run by GM Ebisu

Return to “Unicorn Clan Embassy”