[Day 28 MID] Creating a Champion

The Children of the Ki-Rin have opted to spare their hosts too crowded a castle and have set a small camp of several yurts encircling Moto Chinua's personal Chomchog tent. On the day of their arrival, a servant of the Dragon lord gifts the Unicorn a pair of small statues. One is Bishamon, carved in wood. The other, Ebisu, forged in steel. Lord Chinua has left the pair on display in the heart of camp.
Doji Arami

Re: [Day 28 MID] Creating a Champion

Postby Doji Arami » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 pm

"I do, friend. I vouch for Karasu-san's honor, integrity, and competence. He would make a fine Emerald Champion indeed."
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Kousuda nods in assent to Arami's words. "I know Karasu-san to be an honorable soul, one with great skill and finesse with the blade. I have no doubt that he would fulfill the duties of the position with great competence."
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 pm

"Let me just add one more thing," said Yamada. "Kakita-no-shiryo was the first Emerald Champion, there has not been one of his line in the position for almost one hundred years. Not since the time of the Toturis. This would also be a welcoming return to tradition." She looked between Hikahime and Karasu. "And perhaps the beginning of some new ones as well."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Hikahime

Postby Hikahime » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:33 pm

"Very well then," Hikahime says, turning back to Karasu. "You've impressed my friends, and that is good enough for me. However, if you are to be Emerald Champion, then you will need more than just skilled advisors. You will need skills of your own in directing the movement of supply trains, the coordination of armies. If you should wish it, I can take you as my student in the art of warfare."

She has a wide grin at the ridiculous notion of being the sensei to the Emerald Champion.
General of the Last Legion

“I gave my husband and both children to your war. There was never a chance that I would stay out of it.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:36 pm

Yamada smiled. "That was my intention, Hikahime," said Yamada. "No better way for the Legion and the Emerald Office to work together." She turned to her notes. "We have one day of court left to put this to the throne, tomorrow. Lord Chinua has given full sanction for the Unicorn to support this, so we will make it a joint petition. With luck and the will of the Fortunes, Karasu-san will be appointed in the spring." She flashes a wicked smile his way. "And we will have to start minding our manners."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Karasu gives the matronly woman a small bow.

"That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I wanted you working closely with me. I am aware that my skills innopen warfare are lacking so I would gladly take the instruction. As for the supply lines, I would take that instruction as well, but Arami-San here has been working with the Diadoji Trading Council for a very long time and it is his work that has kept the Crane alive. I will require his instruction as well as your own."

Karasu finishes his tea and holds the empty cup to Hikahime. "I am like this empty cup. I have my purpose. Now we must put it to use."
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Hikahime

Postby Hikahime » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:37 am

Hikahime picks up the teapot and refills his cup with a smile. "Then I will do my best to aid you, Kakita-sama."
General of the Last Legion

“I gave my husband and both children to your war. There was never a chance that I would stay out of it.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:41 am

Karasu picks up the teapot and makes sure everyone has a full cup.

"Then let us drink to the beginning of a new friendship."

Karasu holds his cup in the air.
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:44 am

Kousuda joins in the toast, raising his cup.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:44 am

Yamada smiled at them over the tea cups. If today was to be her last, she was grateful to have done this. A new further for Rokugan, a way forward. That she had a part in it made her feel humble. She had no ambition for herself beyond serving her clan, to see the right people in positions to do good was honour enough for her.

She picked up her cup.

"And the future," Yamada added. She took a drink, letting the warmth fill her.
Widowed, Day 28

Return to “Unicorn Clan Embassy”