[Day 28 MID] Creating a Champion

The Children of the Ki-Rin have opted to spare their hosts too crowded a castle and have set a small camp of several yurts encircling Moto Chinua's personal Chomchog tent. On the day of their arrival, a servant of the Dragon lord gifts the Unicorn a pair of small statues. One is Bishamon, carved in wood. The other, Ebisu, forged in steel. Lord Chinua has left the pair on display in the heart of camp.
Utaku Yamada

Re: [Day 28 MID] Creating a Champion

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:00 am

"There's not much more I have to say," said Yamada. "It'll all be here, waiting for you after. But with luck and the Will of Heaven, we'll be throwing it all in the fire." She sighed. "You speak now, I know you'll want to say something. And I'm pretty sure you've been running sprung behind my back trying to save me." This last statement was delivered with a small smile, not mocking but grateful.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:11 am

"Indeed, I have."

Kousuda pauses.

"Do you remember that night? The one regarding my participation in the Mantis trials?"
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:16 am

"Yes, I do, I said you were being foolish," said Yamada. "I have the feeling I am about to eat my words."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:50 am

"You have put yourself and the Unicorn in a very difficult position, Yamada-sama."

He pauses a moment. It was odd, mirroring the words she had used upon him. He did not like it.

"Nakura-san has come into conflict with the good of the clan. As his champion, you would represent the will of the Unicorn. You would not simply be his wife in this situation, no matter how understandable it is for you to champion your husband. You would endorse his actions, and through your actions, the Unicorn would be endorsing his actions. The Scorpion will be Scorpion. Win or lose, this will not end with the duel. I have been told as much by another who wishes this resolved with as little bloodshed as possible."
Appearance!

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:53 am

"So they won't honour the outcome of the duel?" Yamada asked, her tone more serious. "That is a dishonour to duelling itself, the issue is resolved in favour of the victor." Her eyes narrowed. "I never even thought Scorpion should sink so low."
Widowed, Day 28

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:03 am

"Should you win, your life with Nakura would likely be a one of torment and misfortune. They probably wouldn't outright kill him, though you or whatever family you make with him could be targets. To have his brewing endeavors fail. To have your children sick or crippled. To have your family stigmatized and unwelcome because of vicious rumors. Nothing that you would be able to prove was the doing of Scorpion. But they would take it upon themselves to become the personal caretakers of Nakura-san's happiness, as Megumi-san put it."
Appearance!

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:13 am

"This still sounds like they won't honour the result," said Yamada. "I did not know they would make it so blatant." She took a deep breath. "This whole thing feels dirty, they seek to win no matter what the result. They corrupt duelling, why should we invoke ourselves." She looked directly at Kousuda. "I say we charge them with this, call them out for their threats and that they won't honour the duel."

[OOC: I realise now that this is a stupid thing to do, but it is what happened. So we have to go with it]
Widowed, Day 28

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:24 am

"I would advise against that, Yamada-sama. And I would especially prefer it if you did not call on me speak on this. Still, you are Delegation Head. You have the authority."

"Though, you spoke of my efforts to save you behind your back. To save the Unicorn from this debacle. Indeed. I have spoken with Narkua-san of this. He seemed set on deferring to your skill. I spoke to Chinua-dono of this. He did not have the heart to request that Nakura-san to take the cuts. And now I speak to you, to tell you that his seppukku would be the most amicable resolution for both clans." He says as neutrally as he can, difficult though it may be.

((The Heart Speaks! Don't hate me!))

[OoC: Don't worry, I'm on the same page.]
Appearance!

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:31 am

Yamada considered his words carefully. "I trust you, Kousuda-San, and I thank you for your honesty," she said. "I will try this, I think it is necessary to call the Scorpion out on this." She hesitates. "But if Nakura offers his seppuku, I will not object, I will not stop him."
Widowed, Day 28

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:51 am

"It remains his choice, then. Though, he defers to you and Chinua-dono, but you and Chinua-dono defer to him. Though, it is... for the best that you will not object should he choose to give his life."
Appearance!

Return to “Unicorn Clan Embassy”