[Day 30 EA] Until again we meet

The Children of the Ki-Rin have opted to spare their hosts too crowded a castle and have set a small camp of several yurts encircling Moto Chinua's personal Chomchog tent. On the day of their arrival, a servant of the Dragon lord gifts the Unicorn a pair of small statues. One is Bishamon, carved in wood. The other, Ebisu, forged in steel. Lord Chinua has left the pair on display in the heart of camp.
Akodo Zetsubou

Re: [Day 30 EA] Until again we meet

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:32 pm

As he sits down to the table he winks, and a curious smile forms on his lips. As he places his first move "You know Utaku san, I shall miss you. You have taught me many things, about compassion, about honor, but also, how in battle, how to confuse the enemy." As she looks, she notices Zetsubou is mirroring her moves, confusing her, making her take risks she would not normally take.

Finally, though, he changes tactics, as he notices the opening she gave him, and he takes it.
Loyal-Lion-Golden Lion Eyes-Red Hair-Shugenja
Soul of Doji Nagori, Daidoji Mikado, and Seppun Teshan
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:44 pm

"Well played," said Yamada, nodding in akcnomowlegdment of his victory. She set up the pieces again. "I would hardly think an Akodo would need lesssons about honour though."

When the game began she felt a bit stronger this time, more assured in her strategy.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Kibo merely watches the games play out, he knows the basic rules but wouldn't be able to play at their level.
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:50 pm

He nods "We can always learn something from any situation, the question is wither we let the lesson bring us closer to Kibo (hope) or Zetsubou (despair)

He tries a new maneuver, trading pieces as often and as fast as he can, making her sacrifice strategy just to stay on the board.
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Yamada listened, she knew something of despair. Remembering the utter breakdown she had had when Nakura had been died in her arms. She had opened her arms to it and met its utter emptiness.

"Compassion though, is much easier when it is reciprocated," she said. "When it isn't, it can feel hollow, pointless. An empty hand."

On the board she saw her chance and took it, sacrificing pieces for position and winning narrowly.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:06 pm

He nods at the game "You played well, but you are wrong. Compassion, regardless of how it feels, is never pointless. Even if it is something simple, like standing up for one who looks different than others. " He keeps his head down, and re places the pieces. "Because maybe, just maybe, in that one moment, someone may decide to stand against darkness, instead of succumbing to it."

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Yamada smiled at this, it was as if he knew more than he let on.

"Perhaps I have learned something from you too, Zetsubou-san," said Yamada.

They begin another game. She takes up a risky position but Zetsubou is ready for it and responds quickly.
Widowed, Day 28

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:31 pm

His eyes grow wide "Oh, what could I have taught you, my friend?"

He does move to counter the position, knowing the risk is worth it, if he doesn't move the lancer......there....at which point, her position is open bare.

"I think thats game, my friend."

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:46 pm

"Well played, my friend," she said, conceding. "And what have you taught me? That even the ones who doubt ourselves the most can find the courage to lead when necessary." She took a glance at Kibo. "Perhaps we should tell your brother what happened yesterday morning."

[OOC: This means we put the conversation on hold until we know ourselves!]
Widowed, Day 28

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:27 am

Yamada related the story to Kibo, including all the best bits like the corrupt merchant, the Shadow Dragon, Daigotsu and the threat to the Emperor. Then she waited for his reaction.
Widowed, Day 28

Return to “Unicorn Clan Embassy”