[Day 30 LA] Debts Owed to Accounts Receivable

The Children of the Ki-Rin have opted to spare their hosts too crowded a castle and have set a small camp of several yurts encircling Moto Chinua's personal Chomchog tent. On the day of their arrival, a servant of the Dragon lord gifts the Unicorn a pair of small statues. One is Bishamon, carved in wood. The other, Ebisu, forged in steel. Lord Chinua has left the pair on display in the heart of camp.
Isawa Akiko

[Day 30 LA] Debts Owed to Accounts Receivable

Postby Isawa Akiko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:34 am

Two Phoenix, husband and wife, enter the Unicorn camp. They bow to the guards and announce themselves. The Isawa in kawari robes asks for Utaku Yamada, and says she is content to wait as long as necessary. She carries a small box, wrapped in patterned paper.
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Isawa Koyo

Re: [Day 30 LA] Debts Owed to Accounts Receivable

Postby Isawa Koyo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:36 am

The other Isawa stands outside the yurt, content to act as a temporary guard for the time being.
Phoenix Clan • Ambassador • Shugenja • Earth • Fire • Jade • Hero of the People • Soul of Asako Maemuki
Isawa Mon inside a Torii Gate, Servant: Asako Baekho, 19/M

As of Day 21, Koyo is now a Jade Magistrate and Sensei.

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:47 am

A servant shows the Isawas to Yamada's yurt, pulls back the flap of the tent and announces them.

Inside it seems as things are starting to be packed up, boxes and baskets stacked to be put on wagons. The essentials were there. A table with cushions, a vase of white crystanthamums on the table, a tea set. Also some flat bread and toum.

"Isawa-san, Akiko-san," said Yamada, bowing. "Please, sit down, make yourselves comfortable."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:02 am

Akiko bows as she enters. "We both thank you for this hospitality at such short notice." A glance to her husband, and she smiles faintly. "I think Koyo-san is comfortable outside." Where he can watch the horses. Heh.

... well and good, really. This is a discussion for the samurai-ko.

She takes her place opposite the Utaku, bowing low as she kneels to sit. The box she rests just before her, her fingertips pressing nervously into the paper. How to begin? She does not want to hurt a good friend. But she does not let the silence grow too long or deep.

"... Nakura-san was the first friend I made at Court." She offers Yamada a weak smile, and she tries to blink back the tears that form. She has no right to cry when she faces Yamada. These tears are not for her to shed. "I am truly grieved to know he is gone. Yamada-sama, I am sorry if this brings you grief, to have my words be a reminder. But I am here for a debt that I owe your husband." She inclines her head deeply. "And because you are my samurai-sister." That day in the merchant's shop feels so long ago. All of it does.
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 am

"Thank you for your kind words, Akiko-san," said Yamada. "Nakura..." Her voice broke a little as she said his name. "...did tell me he spoken often with you, but he said nothing about any debt."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 am

"It was no grave thing of dread import." Akiko manages a faint smile. "But he surprised me with a gift on our first meeting, and I swore I would find a way to repay such a gesture." I was not used to friendships, she thinks, and there is an ache. Gratitude and grief in one heartbeat. "This was far too long delayed," she murmurs, sliding the carefully-wrapped parcel towards Yamada. "And this one understands that if it is far too late to offer it, her gift may not be accepted. Nevertheless, she wishes to honour a promise made to a friend."

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:30 am

"Thank you for the offer, but you need not worry about any debt between us," said Yamada.

Playing the game, the gift had to be offered three times. At least she knew what to say.
Widowed, Day 28

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 am

"It is not worry that makes me offer this, but an expression of friendship." Her gaze softens, more than it already is. This tradition could be cruel, but she will try to be gentle. "Between all of us."

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:10 am

Yamada looked at her. "Traditions be damned," she said, taking the gift. "I accept, and a, honoured by your friendship."
Widowed, Day 28

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 am

Akiko smiles widely, and inclines her head in deep gratitude, and complete understanding. She feels that reaction completely warranted; the Empire can forgive this one moment, between sisters, in a time of hurt.

"I would like to make one final offer, if I might." Her smile fades slightly, and she has to clear her throat, lest the words tremble too much. "I... I don't have much I can offer. But we six of us swore an oath of sisterhood when we took the fans. How can I help you, sister? What can I offer you? What can I do for you, as an ally, as a friend, as a samurai-sister?"

Return to “Unicorn Clan Embassy”