[Day 30 LA] Debts Owed to Accounts Receivable

The Children of the Ki-Rin have opted to spare their hosts too crowded a castle and have set a small camp of several yurts encircling Moto Chinua's personal Chomchog tent. On the day of their arrival, a servant of the Dragon lord gifts the Unicorn a pair of small statues. One is Bishamon, carved in wood. The other, Ebisu, forged in steel. Lord Chinua has left the pair on display in the heart of camp.
Utaku Yamada

Re: [Day 30 LA] Debts Owed to Accounts Receivable

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:59 pm

"Well there is something, small but it will help," said Yamada. "I will be going to Phoenix lands after court with Shinjo Saeki-sama to see to the Blessed Herd's new home. Anything you can give me that eases passage through the lands of your clan would be greatly appreciated."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:31 pm

She smiles warmly. "Of course, Yamada-sama. I can provide from spices, that will help you get used to the food commonly consumed in that part of Phoenix lands. And some tea, too. During the spring, the excitement of the air kami for the blooming flowers can cause irritation to eyes and nose, and the tea can help lessen the symptoms. You can also offer our names, if you like. Koyo-san's name will be known by certain people, even that far north, and they will look kindly on you to know you are his friend."

A small moment of hesitation, but then she reaches out a hand. Traditions be damned, as Yamada had said. Touch does not have to be despised if if gives such comfort. It is an offer to clasp hands; it might be the beginning of a hug.
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 am

Yamada smiled up at her. Their Clans had always had a not very friendly history with each other, if they could work together perhaps that was a beginning.

"Thank you, Akiko-san, that would be a great help," said Yamada. "There is something that we wanted to give to you as well." She got up and went over to where what looked like a covered painting. "Kousuda painted this, one of the ways we can show our gratitude for the Blessed Herd." She took off the purple cover to reveal it.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:43 am

She gasps in wonder, and moves closer to examine it. "Oh, Yamada-sama, it is beautiful." She lets her eyes trace over every detail, smiling as she follows the passage of the horses across the lands. She turns to smile at her friend, "Are traditions to be set aside once again? For if they are, then..." She bows deeply. "We are humbled to accept, and thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity." As she straightens, she lets her voice soften. "I pray that this will be a sign of things to come, Yamada-sama. Of healing, between our clans, and for strong bonds between us."

She offers her hand again. "Dear sister, I will miss you. I hope we will have the chance to meet again."
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:09 am

"Hopefully we may," said Yamada, taking Akiko's hand in hers and shook it in the way Unicorn greet each other. "There is something else you may wish to know. Did Michio-san spoken to you before you left?"
Widowed, Day 28

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:09 am

She clasps tightly, determined to return Yamada's strength with her own. Strength she had not known she possessed, made stronger by sincerity and friendship.

"He did not." She studies Yamada's face, wondering at the nature of the question. "... but we know his purpose. We know to where he will go."

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:23 am

"He has asked me to join him," said Yamada. "To show compassion and mercy where he will have none."
Widowed, Day 28

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:41 am

Her other hand closes over Yamada's, tightly holding on with both. She barely dares to hope, but the tight squeeze - impulsive as it is - tells that she certainly does more than dare. "And how did you reply?"

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:53 am

"I accepted," said Yamada. "And in time, I will join him when I am free to do so."
Widowed, Day 28

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:42 am

She beams. "Oh, thank you." It is a whisper, but a fervent one. "Thank you."

Return to “Unicorn Clan Embassy”