[Day 28 - Midday] Reporting to the Jade Champion

Here, what remains of the Emperor’s inner counsel resides. Humbly furnished by comparison to other courts any have been to, the accommodations are at least clean and carry easy access to the balcony.
Doji Arami

[Day 28 - Midday] Reporting to the Jade Champion

Postby Doji Arami » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:01 am

Fragrant and resplendent, Doji Arami makes his way once more to the Jade Champion's office, a heavy scroll tucked into his obi. He had important news to convey, and he would fulfill his duty to the Empire.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Isawa Kaname

Re: [Day 28 - Midday] Reporting to the Jade Champion

Postby Isawa Kaname » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Kaname has Arami quickly ushered into her office.

The Crane, performing their typical end-of-Court frenzy. Let us see where this goes...

"Greetings Doji-san. If I may ask, to what honor do I owe to today's meeting?"
Jade Champion | Higher Status than you | A bundle of rage

“Blasphemy rampant, armies of the damned, and you waste my time with this?”

Run by GM Hotei

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:54 am

Arami bows to the Jade Champion, performs the necessary courtesies and flatteries, and gets to the heart of the matter.

"Isawa Kaname-sama, the Fire Dragon was successfully summoned by Akodo Zetsubou-san in a ritual to implore aid in restoring the Seals. He was aided by several of his fellow Jade Magistrates, these servants of your will, and it is my honor to reveal to you what the Dragon said:

Arami describes the events, and emphasizes the words spoken by the celestial being.

Fire Dragon wrote:"Please, there is no need to kneel to me. You have asked about the seals, and I was sent to answer."

A pause. Those taking any time to realize will realize how surprising it is that the Celestial being is speaking in Rokugani and not some other language.

"First, I will deal with the matter which was raised by Isawa Koyo. I will be doing nothing with you. You have much still to do to help your kin to stave off the threat of the Jealous. I will not be doing anything with you, as I know that you will be of great importance in aiding in the efforts to seal the Realm of Jealousy back to where it once was for many thousands of your years.

What you have done so far to this effort and to show your true sincerity regarding what happened to my last vessel in Ningen-do is very touching, and I am honored that you feel the way you do regarding what occurred that day. Honor me by assisting your kind in pushing the Realm of Jealousy back to its proper place."

Another pause.

"Akodo Zetsubou, I have heard your plea. I understand how dearly you and your kin want to re-seal the Realm of Jealousy away to its proper place, and to that I come to give answers. The seals were made many thousands of your years ago, before the children of Sun and Moon fell to Ningen-do. While I myself do not presently remember the exact details of how they were originally made, I do recall that all five elements were involved, and that the balance and harmony between them was important. I also remember that these seals had to be placed in locations within the realm you and your kin now reside in where the elements naturally came into harmony or where the other Realms could not be easily accessed, as the seal itself not only sealed away the Realm of Jealousy but also made access to other Realms more...difficult.

While I am not certain on the number of your kin who speak to the elements it would take to create a new seal, I believe it would take more than just one, due to both how you and your kin connect to the elements and that the seal requires harmony between the five elements to be created. I also believe that to re-seal the Realm of Jealousy back to its proper place that a number of seals would need to be created equal to the number that were unsealed by those who have been corrupted by the Realm of Jealousy.

While such an effort may be long and arduous, I believe that you mortals are capable of performing such a task, and that is why I have come to bring you this information. These seals, while created from the elements of your Realm, are also spiritual in nature, and therefore require harmony both in the elements and in the spirits of those attempting to create these seals. I trust that you will be able to eventually seal away the Realm of Jealousy, for otherwise it may eventually overtake your entire Realm. I believe that you are capable of doing so, or else I would not have come to give you this information."

After a few more moments, the Fire Dragon, just as it had arrived, disappears suddenly into the mist.

His recitation concluded, he waits a moment for the Jade Champion to absorb these words, and asks, "What is your will in this matter, Isawa Kaname-sama? And how may the Crane serve it?"
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 pm

He bows his head and turns his gaze deferentially downward, gracefully awaiting the Champion's response.

Return to “Imperial Offices”