[Day 5 LA] In search of many things (Open)

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Daremo

Re: [Day 5 LA] In search of many things (Open)

Postby Daremo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 pm

As soon as the Crab leaves, Daremo spins back to the Moshi's side.

"Do you find the fur to your liking, Samurai-sama? Or perhaps you would like to see something else?"
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:33 am

Smiling back at the Merchant, she shook her head, "I cannot wear this, humble merchant. It is utterly beautiful, a stunning ware by all accounts, but such a thing cannot be allowed in courts. I love my homeland, but I need to play by Rokugani rules for now.

Something perhaps more subtle? Either something I can hide under a Kimono, or at the very least something that can be worn in the presence of the Emperor without causing insult."

Pausing for a second, she added, "In addition I have need of a statue of the Jade Dragon...a simple thing for a man of your talents I am sure. And something a little more challenging. The colonies have many grave threats, truly dangerous creatures that need to be put down for the safety of all. Some of these have led to some exquisite items, things almost unique either for their beauty or for how dangerous they could be in the wrong hands."

She had heard this merchants ability to get truly rare items, and seen the beautiful gift he had sold to the Crab. But lets see if he had a gift worthy of a Spider, worthy of someone who had given them that map.
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:09 am

"Ah, yes. As you say, Samurai-sama."

He quickly hustles the tiger pelt back into the depths of the shop, and returns with a jewelery tray full of various depictions of the Jade Dragon, from a palm-sized charm to a large greenstone disk of the dragon chasing its tail around the sun.

"Please, pursue these while I attempt to find a suitable courtly kimono. Have you a preference of color?"

Not waiting for an answer , he vanishes once more among the stacks of crates. Over the sounds of him shifting goods and rummaging through luggage, his voice wafts out to the front of the shop.

"As for the other items, I have many things. Is there anything in particular you are looking for?"

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:06 am

She thought for a moment, but couldn't help herself. When it came to the dangerous and beautiful things of the Colonies, one thing kept coming to mind again and again. More then the Destroyers, more then the Elephants, and the Rakshasa and Nagah and more then the big cats and dangerous insects and poisonous plants.

When she thought beautiful and dangerous, It had to be the Red Hunger.

"The disk is most appropriate for what comes to mind, Noble Merchant, and I am glad that you stock such a thing."

She paused to consider how to ask her next question, but after accepting that a merchant who carried tiger fur was unlikely to care about most Samurai's aversion to things from a dead animal she said, "Should you have anything from a hunt of a Red Hunger I would be most impressed."
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 am

Daremo returns, bearing a large armful of noticeably thick kimono in a variety of colors. He sets them down on the same surface that previously displayed the pelt, and gives Janisha a curious, appraising look.

"A Red Hunger you say... Now, Samurai-sama, what possible use could you have for something taken from such a beast?"

Run by GM Ebisu

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:43 am

Appraising the Kimono's, she took a while to answer, "Myself, I don't think I have any use other then sentimentality. However gifts have meanings behind them, every action can be taken and interoperated a different way. I know a few Samurai in this court who would not appreciate tea or artwork, and since I have found myself dealing with them I wish to give them something more....appropriate for their tastes."

Picking one that was brown and still reasonably simple, while remaining just formal enough for court, she turned back to the merchant, "If my sentimentality limits your options, do you have something else that matches my description? The person I am thinking of giving it to has spent at least some time in Zogeku, so the gift being practical isn't as insulting as it would otherwise be."
Description

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:18 am

"Mmmmhm. If I may ask, who is this gift intended for?"

Daremo has a shrewd look in his eye as he measures the Moshi.

"Many people tell Daremo many things, and a humble merchant hears much. Would be that if I knew who it were for, I could find the appropriate item."

Run by GM Ebisu

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:29 am

Janisha paused, "As I said before, a few options spring to mind, but given you deal in barter as well as Koku from what I hear, I question have valuable what I could give will be. If I really must narrow it down, the two that spring to mind are Susumu Ketsueki-sama, and Bayushi Onasugamiso-sama."

An interesting sun and moon those two, now that she had said their names out loud. The Bayushi was the Scorpion who wore no mask, and dealt in honesty...if a somewhat blunt for of it, who genuinely seemed to want to save as many as she could.

She was still scorpion, and likely had a hidden agenda, but she came to this court as an open hand.

Ketsueki on the other hand...between the letter, both its words and how long it took to arrive, the difference between his every day gear and his formal outfit, and the secrets he seemed to be keeping...

He seemed anything but an open hand.

"Well then Insightful Merchant, what do you suggest."

Onita is also an interesting possibility... but I want to give her a personal gift, not something I can just buy out of a shop.
Description

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:35 pm

"Not one for making safe friends, are you Samurai-sama? In any case, it just so happens I do have something suitable. It will be just a moment!"

Daremo vanishes back into the depths of the shop, and returns with a large bundle in his arms. He sets it on a crate and unwraps it, revealing a thin, curved plate of a deep crimson material.

"Such a person is in constant peril. You are familiar with the strength of a Red Hunger's scales, yes?"

Run by GM Ebisu

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:29 am

"Dangerous, yes. But someone must talk to them. This is a court after all, noble merchant, and it would do us no good just to stare angrily at one another."

Looking down at the gift, she paused taking in the merchants words, That...that isn't what I think it is, is it?

"I am familiar with how difficult it is to even scratch the beast. It is a good thing that its eyes do not likewise display such an impressive protection."
Description

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”