[Day 5 LA] In search of many things (Open)

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Yasuki Nakura

Re: [Day 5 LA] In search of many things (Open)

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:55 am

Following the man to the corner.

"Truly my good sir you are gifted with a keen knack and skill. What is it you have found for me this day?"
Utaku Nakura • The Un-Crab Clan Courtier • Accounts Receivables Ride or Die • Arm Candy
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo
"Perfect Kemari form and deadly handsome, I am too much."

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 am

"Behold!"

Daremo pulls a cloth back, revealing a large chunk of rock with a shallow basin, painted to resemble a mountain with a lake bed. He takes a pitcher from a nearby shelf, and starts pouring water into the basin. When the basin is full, he replaces the pitcher, and yanks the rest of the cloth back, revealing a sculpture of a miniature cherry tree. The tree is bedecked with spring blossoms, vibrant in their color.

"This is the life work of a master sculptor from the 10th century. However, before it passed into my hands, it was modified by an artisan of unknown origin. The flowers are silk, so their color will never fade, never die. Yet touch them! They are as soft as truth, beautiful and eternal, captured in a moment of transition. Even better, the basin is angled such that, with a light hung from the tree's uppermost branches, the luminescence will pass through the silk and reflect off the pool, making it glow with the soft pink of cherry blossoms. A unique item, impossible to recreate, and nearly as difficult to find."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:35 am

"Truly a wonder my friend, what might i convince you with to part for such an item?"
Utaku Nakura • The Un-Crab Clan Courtier • Accounts Receivables Ride or Die • Arm Candy
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 am

"For the culmination of at least two lifetimes? Oh, Samurai-sama, truly you pain me, asking me to put a price to such as this!"

Daremo makes a full show of melodrama to illustrate his point.

"Such a gift might secure one's favor with their daimyo! Such a gift might become an heirloom for generations! Samurai-sama, I make it my business to trade in treasures. If this were mere goods, then I could easily set a price. But for such as this?"

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:10 am

"Well if that is the case my friend, what do you know of Yagamaki no sensei?"
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:13 am

"The name is not familiar to me, though I can always hear reverence in a customer's voice. Please, won't you enlighten me?"

Run by GM Ebisu

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Janisha looked at the Tiger pelt. It was good quality, she had certainly come to the right place for her other ideas. Unfortunately, this was not appropriate for her desires.

It was way to bold, both for her tastes and just in general, it wasn't at all something she could wear in court, and if Konjo saw her wearing it....

Any fur was going to bad enough, but this would be simply insulting to the delegation head. No, it wouldn't do at all.

Turning back to the Merchant, she realized he was currently negotiating with a Crab, Ahhh, the peacock.

She had to admit she held him in slightly higher regard then the rest of his delegation, if only because he tried desperately to fix the damage his fellow delegates had done. Even if he had gifted Blasphemy to the Emperor, at least he understood that burning bridges before you crossed them was a bad way to make friends.

However, he shouldn't have let it reach the Dais. He is wise enough to see the flaw, but either wasn't part of the petition decision process OR intentionally let it through to win points with those the crab insulted.
So is he powerless among the Crab, or a Scorpion in Crabs clothing?

She waited patiently for the Crab to finish with the merchant, as it was clear that they were in the final part of the sale.
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:43 pm

"He was an honored tactician and Sensei at the Hida war college. When O-Ushi married Yasamura the feast lasted two whole days. Great volumes of shcohu and sake were consumed. Yagamaki no-sensei was the last man standing for his great endurance he was granted watch over Friendly Traveler. During his time he developed a great many side breweries and championed the art of brewing throughout the land. How ever one creation is held in higher esteem than the others. A shochu so strong the Kaiu joke about using it to clean the koutetsuken ships of barnacles and peeling the enamel off armor. I have the good fortune of having two such bottles with me I have promised one to share with my friends among the Mantis the other I would trade to you."
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:23 pm

"Hmmm, hmm. A great work for a great work. Yes, I can see this. Normally, I would insist on something perhaps a bit more permanent, but you Samurai-sama, seem a shrewd businessman. I think that we will have much to offer one another. So, in the name of building a relationship, I accept your offer, and gladly."

Daremo again gives his deep, sweeping bow.

Run by GM Ebisu

Yasuki Nakura

Postby Yasuki Nakura » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 pm

"I look forward to doing business with you my friend. I always do my best to make my friends prosperous. I will be by with the bottle tomorrow to complete our transaction. Moshi-San I hope the sun favours your actions."
He bows low to the maiden and then proceeds to leave the shop.
Leit Motif
Soul of Shindo

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”