[Day 7 - Early Morning] Tome Hunt

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Doji Arami

[Day 7 - Early Morning] Tome Hunt

Postby Doji Arami » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Fragrant and resplendent, Doji Arami arrives at the shop more warmly bundled to shield against the cold. He holds a short piece of paper, artfully folded, and looks for Daremo.

His previous trip being successful, the courtier hopes the merchant's inventory is as formidable as he makes it appear.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Daremo

Re: [Day 7 - Early Morning] Tome Hunt

Postby Daremo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Daremo emerges from the stacks, spots the Doji, and breaks into a wide grin.

"Samurai-sama! You have returned!"
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Daremo wrote:"Samurai-sama! You have returned!"

"Indeed I have." Arami smiles in an approximation of the merchant's grin. Will he have them?

Thinking of his meeting with the Imperial Treasurer last night, the courtier makes his needs known.

"Your travels have been extensive and your inventory, legendary. Would you happen to have any tomes or artifacts that deal with sanctifying crops, cleansing them of corruption or making them grow faster?"
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:49 am

"Naturally, such things can be found. Are you looking for descriptions of such things, or more of a guide? Artifacts, I have many, but most are of the kind whose value is age and skill rather than magic."

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:56 am

"More of a guide, Daremo. There is a library in town, but your shop contains the promise of knowledge we customers can only imagine."

With the merchant's clarification, Arami summons his knowledge of agriculture and thinks to ask, "There is a special, quick-growing variety of adzuki beans cultivated in Asahina lands that spring forth in just five days and can be harvested in ten. The seeds are a distinctive golden color. Would you happen to have some?"

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:07 am

Daremo glances about, clucking his tongue worriedly. He grabs a ledger, thumbs through it, then sets it aside in favor of another.

"My apologies, Samurai-sama, but as far as I know, no such guide on purifying crops exists. I have a few on speedy growing, but not on purification. That might be more appropriately a question for a priest. Few indeed come to Ibano's treasures looking for prayers to the kami. As for the adzuki beans... I know I have some of the beans themselves, dried for use in soup, but the seeds? Allow me a moment to look through my stores."

He sets down the second ledger and vanishes behind a bookshelf.

Run by GM Ebisu

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:04 am

"You are right of course. I shall turn to shugenja for purification. But I would like to see the guides on accelerating growth please."

Arami waits patiently as the merchant goes looking for the seeds. Will the Fortunes bless me?

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:22 am

"Aha! Rejoice, Samurai-sama!"

Daremo returns with a small woven bag, sitting on top of a scroll case covered in pressed flowers.

"Likely the last of these seeds that will be found with any ease. I need not tell honorable Samurai-sama of the difficulties the Asahina lands face."

Run by GM Ebisu

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:59 am

Arami lets the merchant's last statement go uncommented on. There was indeed no need to speak of the tragedies the Asahina face - their suffering is testimony enough.

"Outstanding!" Was that a note of relief under the excitement? "How you acquired them, I can only imagine."

He turns to the other treasure. "And the scroll case?"

Ebisu

Postby Ebisu » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:43 am

"The official text and writings of the monks who swear themselves to Konohama's service. Much of it is scripture, to be sure, but the care and cultivation of flowers in the harshest of environments is no task for novice gardeners. The same principles can be applied to crops, I would think, and this copy is heavily annotated by a master of that order.
GM Team | Fortune of Honest Work | Writer of Many Thousands of Words

GM of Lore, Unicorn GM, Colonial Mantis GM

Yes, I burned your world to the ground, but so that you could rebuild it with your own two hands. It is an important lesson.

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”