[Day 11 - Mid-day] A Trip to the Market

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Ide Kousuda

[Day 11 - Mid-day] A Trip to the Market

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:38 am

Kousuda approaches the market with a mental list of the things he requires for the days ahead. He still wears his long fur-lined coat to protect himself from the cold.

He hopes the merchant would have what he needed.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Daremo

Re: [Day 11 - Mid-day] A Trip to the Market

Postby Daremo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:00 am

Daremo sits on the front porch in front of his strange encampment, reading a book. He looks up at the crunching of snow, and the small spectacles disappear from his face to some interior pocket as his face bursts into his tradesman's grin.

"Samurai-sama! You are looking for something wonderful, yes? Something beyond compare? A gift to dazzle a daimyo, to shock a suitor? Perhaps you come seeking intelligent conversation and fine tea, yes? Come, come, I've a fire started inside, come into the warmth!"

With the hand holding the book, he throws open the curtain door and offers entry to his latest victi... customer.
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:10 am

Kousuda complies, following the merchant into the warmth.

"I have more than a few items on my list. Though I will humor you. What do you have that would 'dazzle a daimyo' or 'shock a suitor?'"
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:22 am

"Name it, Samurai-sama, and I've something to meet and exceed your expectations. A six-foot copy of the Tao, marked with a Lion seal, but the seal is broken, the Tao read. An ivory bracer, with settings for gemstones of all kinds. A silver and steel necklace, so purely interwoven that the strands appear blue under sunlight."

He throws his arms wide as if to display his entire shop of strange wonders.

"I specialize in the unusual, and trade like for like, though I must caution. I do not deal in flowers, paintings, or ceramics while in Two Heavens Village. It would be against my code to steal business from my fellows."

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:33 am

"Hmm..." Kousuda rubs his beard in consideration. "I would like to see such a necklace, if you don't mind... I don't believe I got your name, merchant-san."
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:42 am

"Ah! Where are my manners?" The merchant sweeps into a deep, theatrical bow. "This one has the distinct pleasure of being Daremo, humble proprietor of Ibano's Treasures."

As he rises, the man smoothly reaches up to draw out a ledger. He pages through it, then stops, tapping on an entry. "Aha! And here is the item in question." He replaces the ledger, grabs a prybar from the same shelf, and vanishes behind a wall of crates. The sound of straining wood emerges, then a pop, and a short while later, Daremo returns carrying a handsome wooden case.

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:39 pm

"If you are Daremo-San, then who is Ibano?" he says as he accepts the wooden case and opens it.
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:26 pm

"Who can say? A mystery for the ages. When I bought the place, while cleaning out the rooms I found a sign with the name Ibano stamped on it. The previous owner perhaps? Or perhaps a spirit that watches over this place. If so, it has certainly done right by me!"

The necklace that sits on the velvet interior of the case is exactly as described, a hypnotic pattern of lacework in two distinct metals. There is a loop at the base where a brooch could be set, and the metal reflects blue in the sunlight creeping through the curtained door.

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:41 pm

"A curious tale..." Kousuda says as he eyes the shifty shopkeep. Looking at the necklace, "A beautiful piece. Is there any history or story behind it?"

(OoC: Piercing the Veils, please! On like everything he says if I can :lol:)
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:54 pm

"But of course! This necklace was traded to me by a Tortoise samurai many years ago. A vassal of his came upon me when I was trading down the coast in Phoenix lands. His master's ship had been returning from a voyage when a foul wind came upon them, driving them ashore. The samurai was injured, so they sent for aid, an my cart assisted in transporting the Kasuga to the nearest village with a magistrate who was skilled in the healing arts. In gratitude, he gifted me this case and its contents, a piece created by a silversmith of some renown in... oh, what was it? Some far off land, Maer-something. I can never pronounce those gaijin words," he says, waving off the thought as he sells the piece further. "The steel is true-wrought, but the silver is an alloy of platinum, which gives it the shine that reflects so beautifully. The piece has had many admirers over the years, but ultimately, no buyers. It has been waiting for the right customer. Perhaps this is you, yes?"

Run by GM Ebisu

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”