[Day 11 - Mid-day] A Trip to the Market

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Ide Kousuda

Re: [Day 11 - Mid-day] A Trip to the Market

Postby Ide Kousuda » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:08 am

"The sprout is not necessaty, thank you. The point is to see if I can grow a plant from seed, I believe. How much would the seed and tools cost?"
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:16 am

"These?" Daremo says, indicating the simple tools. "No fine artistry here. 3 bu for the lot will do nicely."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:52 am

"And the yew will grow before court is out? At any length, even a sprout is fine for my purposes."

He faces Daremo squarely.

"Tell me, Daremo-san: are you a suspicious man?"
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:02 am

"It will, Samurai-sama, if you take the sprouted plant. You should be able to see noticable growth before court ends." He begins wrapping the plant in cloth to protect it from the snow, only looking up when he is asked the question.

"I'm not sure I understand the question, Samurai-sama," He replies with a bemused smile. "Do I hold suspicions? Am I somehow suspect? Whatever do you mean?"

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:09 am

"Very well, I will take the sprouted plant as well. As for my question, do you hold suspicions? The amulet, was there any reason for the man to feel ill will towards you? Perhaps you do not know the nature of what you hold. Are you a superstitious man as well, Daremo-san?"
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:15 am

"No, Samurai-sama, quite the opposite. I helped in his time of need! And as for superstition, I say my prayers if that is what you mean."

Daremo looks increasingly confused.

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:34 am

"Hmm... then perhaps he did not know what he was giving you. The necklace, I believe it to be cursed. The language you were referring to, that of Merenae, I can read and speak. A rough tongue. I could read it to you, if you'd like, though I would ask for the other items in return. Though, I would also offer to take it to a temple or a priest, to get their assurance that there are no ill-wishing spirits still laid upon the necklace."

(OoC: being sincere, Kousuda suspects it's cursed, and would take it to a temple to remove the evil spirits and return the necklace.)
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:48 am

"Cursed?" Daremo takes a sliding step backwards with a nervous laugh. "What... what do you mean?"

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:00 am

"Isn't it obvious? Why a great merchant like yourself has been unable to sell such a magnificent piece for two decades. The symbolism of the inscripted poem. How the expert sailors were mysteriously pushed ashore. Hmm... Likely the captain owned it, and the ghost of his lover tried to drag him to the bottom of the ocean with her."

Kousuda regards Daremo earnestly. "I'm something of a scholar of Merenae. Their literature often mentions curses and other magics. I'm no priest, but I could certainly ask one to purify the necklace for you. It would not sit well upon my sense of honor knowing that you or its next owner were in peril."
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:09 am

"If you would do this thing, I would be most grateful, Samurai-sama." Daremo says, as he backs up, places his knees upon the floor, and kowtows before the Ide. "Please believe this unworthy one, it was never my intention to sell cursed merchandise."

Run by GM Ebisu

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”