[Day 11, EE] Refreshment Part 3

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Isawa Akiko

[Day 11, EE] Refreshment Part 3

Postby Isawa Akiko » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:31 am

Teahouse? Check. Noodles? Check. Next on the list? This.

Whether windowshopping, or dedicated browsing, or perhaps an impromptu game of sadane regarding the quality of the wares, it is now time for retail therapy.

{{OOC: Hopefully we're not too late to browse and pick up a purchase or two. :)
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Utaku Yamada

Re: [Day 11, EE] Refreshment Part 3

Postby Utaku Yamada » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:07 am

Wanting to get out and walk after a day of meetings, Yamada finds herself going into the shop for relief from the cold wind. It's warm inside and she pulls off her fur hood as she browses.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Tamori Nikako

Postby Tamori Nikako » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:24 am

Nikako had made her way to town after a particular meeting, and was in dire need of distraction. Thankfully, it seemed it would not be long away, as she entered into the heat of Ibano's Treasures. It was still fairly quiet, though Nikako had an odd feeling it would not last long.

((OOC, I will be off most of Saturday, but I didn't want to miss out! ))
IMPERIAL NIKAKO

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Isawa Akiko wrote:Teahouse? Check. Noodles? Check. Next on the list? This.

Whether windowshopping, or dedicated browsing, or perhaps an impromptu game of sadane regarding the quality of the wares, it is now time for retail therapy.

((OOC: Hopefully Mao and Mei have continued with us this far. :D))

Janisha walks beside Akiko and those who had continued with them thus far, a smile on her face, "You have utterly no idea what wonders this man has in his shop. For that matter I have no idea what this master Merchant has in his shop. Should the earlier idea about the fans still appeal, I am sure we can find what we are looking for in here."

Stopping to look at a particular item, she muses, half to herself "If you want something really special, he will likely sell it...but he likes to barter, so expect to have to give something equally spectacular in return."

On seeing the Unicorn and the Dragon, her smile grows a little larger, "Tamori-sama, Utaku-sama, May Lady Sun Shine upon you both," She bows in their direction with a smile, "Care to join us?"
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Mei heads to the shop, right behind Janisha and Akiko, still with the bottle of sake she had started to consume in the noodles shop in her hands, and bows for all the presents "Good afternoon my friends! Someone else wants to toast our meeting at this court?" the drink was already beginning to have some effect on her. Providentially, she still has two more cups, in case someone else wants to toast!

"Here really seems to have everything and much more, Moshi-san!" the girl was optimistic for again breathing the air of commerce "Wonders of all Rokugan, and who knows beyond!" says, while analyzing the goods more closely "I still don't know such a man, but I already understand why he has so many fans!"
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Tsuruchi Mao passed by the combs and fans and silks and went right to the scrolls. Her lips moved as she silently read them, some for no more than a moment before replacing one and reaching for the next.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:30 am

Akiko nods at Janisha's words, and purses her lips in slight concern. "I will have to trust you to speak for me, then, Janisha-san. I have never made a bargain in my life!" A small, self-depreciating laugh.

As she sees Yamada, her smile warms, and she bows. "Utaku-san. A pleasure to see you again. And Tamori-san, a pleasure to meet you. What treasures do you seek today? Moshi-san and I are planning to find new fans. Would you like to join us? Perhaps we can find fans for each of the elements, and see that we all have one each?"

It was a playful offer. Is such a thing possible? It seems there is much on display here. Perhaps they will find the fans they are after. Or maybe something better.
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:25 am

Isawa Akiko wrote:Akiko nods at Janisha's words, and purses her lips in slight concern. "I will have to trust you to speak for me, then, Janisha-san. I have never made a bargain in my life!" A small, self-depreciating laugh.

"In that we are similar Akiko-san. However we have a Yoritomo with us, and thus are truly blessed by Daikoku no Fortune to guide us to get what we desire. Given my last visit to this shop, I suspect her insight and skill will be most appreciated," she laughs just a touch at Mei's excitement, "I am sure he will be here shortly, and he can show you the wonders we have on offer."

"Perhaps we can find fans for each of the elements, and see that we all have one each?"

Looking at the assembled group she said, "I think we lack in void...or maybe Earth, depending on where Tamori-sama's talents lie. Up until now, we were really just water," She shrugged, giving into the slightly carefree nature of the event thus far, "A problem that will solve itself I am sure."
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:46 am

"Perhaps something to commemorate our winter in Dragon lands," she murmurs, starting to browse. "Whatever we need will surely present itself, I am certain."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:12 am

Isawa Akiko wrote:"Perhaps something to commemorate our winter in Dragon lands," she murmurs, starting to browse. "Whatever we need will surely present itself, I am certain."

Janisha wanders through the shop, looking at the trinkets and nicknacks from the various foreign lands, wondering where the merchant was, "Humble Merchant? Surely you have heard enough for you to know what we seek by now?" She knows he had to be listening somewhere, trying to pick out exactly what they would want.

He was after all, a merchant, and from her past dealings with him, greed was surely his vice.

She pauses at a small collection of sculptures, each seemingly carved into the shape of a different mountain, "Akiko, what about these?"
Description

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”