[Day 11, EE] Refreshment Part 3

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Daremo

Re: [Day 11, EE] Refreshment Part 3

Postby Daremo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:09 am

"Ahem, Mina-samas... I do not wish to be rude but... perhaps you are getting a bit ahead of yourselves?" Daremo gives his guests an apologetic grin. "These fans are quite valuable. If you would like, I have a rather nice bottle of sake with which we might ease negotiation."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Tamori Nikako

Postby Tamori Nikako » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:17 am

Nikako turned her gaze to the merchant again at the interruption "I am certain we will find agreement should we decide to take these fans, but first I must offer advice, that you deal with the wares you entered this room with" she lowered her voice "It is leaking after all" she looked to the ladies again "When you return, I am certain we will be finished deliberating"
IMPERIAL NIKAKO

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:58 am

"Eh?" Daremo looks confused for a moment, then his eyes widen. "Oh no!"

He rushes past the group to the corner where he nudged the sac upon entering, and pulls it into view. Rummaging around in it, he draws forth
THREE HEADS
of cabbage, and a small porcelain container with a crack running down it. The smell of lukewarm miso broth fills the front of the shop.

"My cabbages!"
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:31 am

She tears her eyes from the Void fan. "Oh? Oh, yes. Of course. Masterpieces." She bites her lip; how, exactly, does one - what is the word? Haggle?

{{ooc and the player actually cackles herself to sleep ♡
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Tamori Nikako

Postby Tamori Nikako » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:28 pm

The merchant somewhat distracted by the cabbagcide, Nikako turned back to the ladies "I suggest an agreement Moshi-sama, an alliance even" she gestured towards the fans "of the elements, of fans.. of hope" her eyes held each of the samurai-ko in regard for a long moment, before she continued "These fans are one piece, and should not be separated. So should we have one each, we must keep the others in our minds and in our hearts. An agreement, to stand together as the fans, not for political gain or the duty of our clans, but as Samurai-ko, in the matters no amount of enlightenment can give other samurai understanding off" she gathered her hands in front of her "There are many things that threaten to tear us apart this season, yet I believe this brings us closer together, even if we do not see it" she looked to the fans again "but perhaps we may carry these and remember, that even in our darkest times, we are not alone.."
IMPERIAL NIKAKO

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:47 am

Tamori Nikako wrote:"These fans are one piece, and should not be separated. So should we have one each, we must keep the others in our minds and in our hearts. An agreement, to stand together as the fans, not for political gain or the duty of our clans, but as Samurai-ko, in the matters no amount of enlightenment can give other samurai understanding off" she gathered her hands in front of her "There are many things that threaten to tear us apart this season, yet I believe this brings us closer together, even if we do not see it" she looked to the fans again "but perhaps we may carry these and remember, that even in our darkest times, we are not alone."

Janisha listens, and wonders if she can do this. Akiko she knows, but the other, well Mao, and Mei she had met a few times before And yelled at them, but Nikako she had never talked to before in her life. Could she make a pact with these 4 Samurai-ko of friendship? Of trust? Of strength and Unity?

On the other hand, To have 4 sisters, each who holds a fan and remembers the others, remembers we are not alone, to trust and to call upon. It was a beautiful idea and to an only child with no living family that she had ever met, it was quite tempting.

"Should the others agree, I am willing...Nikako-san. This one is Moshi Janisha and she is greatly humbled you would consider her in such a way after barely meeting her." She bowed and then waited for the others to respond.

((OOC: I think I am just bad at introductions in a group setting. I was SURE I had given you my name already Nikako. but no.))
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Mao looked up from the scrolls. She had kept an ear out for the others' conversation.

The hunter had little use for fans, that was true. But these would not simply be for court. In them was a message of alliance, and that she very much had a use for. The hunter's eyes traveled over Mei, Janisha, and the others she knew little. They had been kind to her if nothing else, and she knew enough of Janisha to know she probably would not be on good terms with anyone she didn't think was of good character. Mao felt the Dragon and Phoenix were good sorts.

Mao met Nikako's gaze and nodded once. "Tsuruchi Mao will take one. You may call upon me, and I will answer."

She turned what could uncharacteristically be called a mischievous expression upon Janisha, though there was no ill humor in it: "In your case, Moshi-san, I believe I'd hear your further away."

She last gave Mei a small but genuine smile, though it was gone quickly, as if Mao couldn't abide showing cheer for long.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Tamori Nikako wrote:"These fans are one piece, and should not be separated. So should we have one each, we must keep the others in our minds and in our hearts. An agreement, to stand together as the fans, not for political gain or the duty of our clans, but as Samurai-ko, in the matters no amount of enlightenment can give other samurai understanding off" she gathered her hands in front of her "There are many things that threaten to tear us apart this season, yet I believe this brings us closer together, even if we do not see it" she looked to the fans again "but perhaps we may carry these and remember, that even in our darkest times, we are not alone."

Moshi Janisha wrote:"Should the others agree, I am willing...Nikako-san. This one is Moshi Janisha and she is greatly humbled you would consider her in such a way after barely meeting her." She bowed and then waited for the others to respond.

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"Tsuruchi Mao will take one. You may call upon me, and I will answer." She turned what could uncharacteristically be called a mischievous expression upon Janisha, though there was no ill humor in it: "In your case, Moshi-san, I believe I'd hear your further away."

Akiko lifts her gaze from the fans, eyes wide in delight at the suggestion. There might even be tears stinging at the corners of her eyes, for the moment, before she blinks them away, and smiles.

"This one is Isawa Akiko," she murmurs, bowing deeply to the other three women around the box. "And this one would be honoured to be in sisterhood with you."
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:56 am

Mei loved the idea of being part of a sisterhood, it sounded like something epic and mysterious. All these women treated her very receptively and cordially, even some of them having known her only so recently. So she felt like she was with friends, even though her life trajectory has taught her not to trust easily. She had lost all her family when she was only a child, ten years ago. Her existence virtually coincided with the existence of the Onyx empire.

Moreover, her practicality and simplicity had not allowed her to find a more elegant fan to wear during the court than the one she already had, and the opportunity to get an item loaded with great symbology became very tempting.

"I'm Yoritomo Mei and I also feel honored to share this sisterhood with you, girls! What we are building here is very valuable!"

She approaches to take a closer look at the fans, and turns to Daremo:

"Mr. seller, could I look at these fans more closely?" she said, mentioning that she would like to take one of them.
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:00 am

"I should like to see these fans too," said Yamada.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”