[Day 11, EE] Refreshment Part 3

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Moshi Janisha

Re: [Day 11, EE] Refreshment Part 3

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:12 am

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:
She turned what could uncharacteristically be called a mischievous expression upon Janisha, though there was no ill humor in it: "In your case, Moshi-san, I believe I'd hear your further away."

Janisha felt her cheeks grow warm, but the smile never leaves her face, "Perhaps, but I think I could teach others if they wished too."

Utaku Yamada wrote:"I should like to see these fans too," said Yamada.

Janisha steps aside so the Unicorn could look, although quickly realizes the problem. There were 5 fans....and six Samurai-ko. But she didn't want the intent ruined either. The idea would be ruined of the first thing they had to do was decide how got the fans.

"Noble Merchant...is there perhaps a Fan of Thunder to likewise join this set."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:22 am

Daremo looks up from gathering his supper, looking a little forlorn. He turns to shake his head at the samurai-ko, mopping up the spilled miso with a rag under his sandal as does so.

"Ah, my apologies Samurai-sama, but Mirumoto Haiten lived and died long before the addition of Thunder to the known elements. I received the set and the story from his descendants in exchange for certain favors I paid their house. There was never a fan of Thunder made."

He finishes his mopping, and after replacing the foodstuffs in the sack, he takes the dirty cloth and starts walking for the back.

"I suppose I could look for an appropriate piece, but it would not match the set..."

He vanishes into the depths of his stock.
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Tamori Nikako

Postby Tamori Nikako » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:17 am

Nikako touched her chin lightly in thought, looking at the fans, then at the samurai-ko. "I am honoured to be joined with you in this"
Utaku Yamada wrote:"I should like to see these fans too," said Yamada.

This could go beyond just those fans.. And the price?
She looked at the Unicorn.
"I think these fans purpose have been elevated, but, should you wish to join us, you shall not be denied"
Her eyes turned to the fans again as she set herself with determination "should it be so, I will forego a fan, yet carry all 5 in my heart no less".
IMPERIAL NIKAKO

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:58 am

"No, Tamori-san," said Yamada. "You saw them first, it is yours by right. Perhaps there is something else I can find."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Tamori Nikako wrote:Her eyes turned to the fans again as she set herself with determination "should it be so, I will forego a fan, yet carry all 5 in my heart no less".

Utaku Yamada wrote:"No, Tamori-san," said Yamada. "You saw them first, it is yours by right. Perhaps there is something else I can find."

Janisha bows low and replies, "Tamori-sama, Utaku-sama, if any should miss out on a fan, it is I. I am destined to leave Rokugan and never come back. I hope such a day is a long time off, for what I have seen of the land is truly beautiful, and I wish to aid in its defence, so it isn't all swallowed by darknes.

That does not change what the water kami reveal. A time will come where I cannot answer your calls."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Mei was not as detached as her friends when she saw something that seemed worth it. Besides, her mind was worried about trying to help with that acquisition.

She picks up the fans and examines them one at a time cautiously.

((Commerce - Appraise 8d10o10k5: 39))

She notices two things in particular. First of all, as far as she knows concerning the materials, Daremo is entirely telling the truth.

Second of all, if she has to ask, the girls can't afford them.

Even so, she asks:

"Daremo-san! I don't know if you have already said how much these fans cost, but I would like to know! What would be the price?"

((Edited with the roll result))
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Daremo returns carrying a smaller fan stand with a sixth fan upon it. Its tines of young green bamboo are ribbed with thin strips of raw gold, the tightly-woven reed surface painted on bot sides. One bears the face of an imperious young woman, bedecked in foreign finery of green and gold. The other side depicts a Dragon, curling its massive body to fit the confines of the dark storm cloud that it rests upon, pelting the land below with lightning and rain. It is a good deal smaller than the matched set, and clearly out of place, but is seems a work of art all its own.

It is gorgeous, well-crafted, and entirely ostentatious.

Daremo arrives just in time to hear Mei's question, and shakes his head with a grin. "Oh, Samurai-sama, these are an ancestral treasure? You would ask me to insult their crafter so by giving them a simple value in coin?"

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Mao's eyes snapped up to the shopkeep.

"There is another currency you accept?

Her tone was pointed, not displeased, but definitely wary.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:04 pm

"Indeed, Samurai-sama! My trade and stock is in such treasures as the ones you see before you. The rare, the beautiful, that which can be found no where else but here. I cannot purchase such things with coin, nor can I sell them for what they would be worth. So I barter, a wonder for a wonder, an artifact for an artifact. That which you can offer that is yours alone, the treasure that no other can claim, this is what I ask. I carry such things for a time, until they find their true intended."

Run by GM Ebisu

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:08 pm

"I cannot tell at all if you speak metaphorically. Do you mean personal treasures? Even if it is something no one else would find valuable?"

Mao mentally took stock of any valuables the Clan might have as well.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”