[Day 12 EA] Something Unique (Open)

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Kakita Kyoumi

[Day 12 EA] Something Unique (Open)

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Kakita Kyoumi has made her way to the village, specifically looking for the merchant who might sell all manner of strange items, to provide to her a strange item or two. She goes poking around various wares, trying to search for the thing she's looking for, but cannot seem to find it out in the open.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Daremo

Re: [Day 12 EA] Something Unique (Open)

Postby Daremo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:31 pm

A bustling pile of cloth makes its way down one of the aisles of crated goods, Daremo's legs peeking out from the base of the burden. He peeks his head around the cloth to see Kyoumi, and gives her a wide smile. "It will be just a moment, Samurai-sama! Feel free to look around, see if anything should catch your fancy!"
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Daremo wrote:A bustling pile of cloth makes its way down one of the aisles of crated goods, Daremo's legs peeking out from the base of the burden. He peeks his head around the cloth to see Kyoumi, and gives her a wide smile. "It will be just a moment, Samurai-sama! Feel free to look around, see if anything should catch your fancy!"

Kyoumi peers at all the many, many things in frustration, but fails to find what she is looking for. "If I were a Doji, I'd have carefully studied the hearts and desires of a thousand types of men, perhaps, to understand better what they want. And then I'll know what I'm looking /at/. But a poem won't help me find what I'm looking for."

She ducks her head around the corner to try to catch Daremo's eye again. "When you have time...?"
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Daremo returns from stacking the bundles, and gives a deep, sweeping bow. "Greetings, Samurai-sama, and welcome to Ibano's Treasures. I have the distinct pleasure of being Daremo, and it would be an honor to help you find whatever you need, want, or do not yet know that you need."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:53 pm

Kyoumi gives a bow back to the correct depth, and smiles. "Oh, thank you. I am looking for two different things...and I honestly am not sure exactly what I am looking for. But Arami-san says many wonderful things about your store, so I am certain you can help me."

She frowns and looks around the big area. "The first thing I'm looking for is something of a substitution. Among the courtiers, it is common to be taught this after taking many months learning ikebana, but the student I am teaching does not have time to properly learn ikebana. I need a way to teach it to her quickly. I need something...a...statue? A carving? Something....that could look like it means one thing when seen from one angle, and yet looks like something different when seen from another angle. And yet is, in itself, a harmonious whole."

She looks around the wide array of boxes, and then adds, in a softer tone, the red coloring her cheeks. "And the second...might be some sort of gift. For a gentleman.

The way she says 'gentleman' leaves all the rest unnecessary to say.

She adds more softly..."To show his attentions are appreciated, even if it ends up that I have no choice but to turn him away."
Appearance

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Fragrance and resplendence arrive, and true enough Doji Arami is found among their presence. "Kyoumi-san, I see you have found time to visit this shop of wonders. Daremo here has been most helpful in sating everyone's need for the fantastic," he speaks softly, favoring the merchant with a smile.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Yukari ducked in, as much to clear her head as anything else.

What in Jigoku's darkest corner is all of this crap- well, that fabric looks nice... and I suppose Garu's cage could use a couple more points of interest... hm, what's THAT...
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Kyoumi claps her hand over her mouth as her nakado approaches. "Arami-sama! You are...Um...
.here! Of course!". She turns back to Daremo. "Anyway, either of these very serious, important political gifts would be very helpful. Please?"
Appearance

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:13 pm

Seems the caged songbird is flustered.

How VERY interesting.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:14 pm

Arami sees the Daigotsu observing the Court Poet but artfully conceals that he has done so.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”