[Day 12 EA] Something Unique (Open)

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Kakita Kyoumi

Re: [Day 12 EA] Something Unique (Open)

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:50 am

Kyoumi kneels near the small cubes, examining closely the beautiful bird of ice. "Perhaps...that's all there is. It is lovely also, Daremo-san. You truly have many wonders."

She straightens and gives a small bow. "I would offer a gift for the privilege of seeing them...but I do not know what gift would be pleasing to you..."

The words are somewhat...unfamiliar...to the sheltered artisan, and she looks now to Arami for guidance.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:51 am

Aramil looks back at the sheltered poet and nods. He moves between them, "Daremo, you have a piece of our ancestor's work for adzuki seeds and the writings of those who serve Konohama. What would you wish for these?"

Surreptitiously, he passes a note to the Kakita. Carefully, that no one may see.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:32 am

The note has disappeared before its even left the Doji's fingers. It's gone.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:34 am

This is what comes of letting your feelings rule you.

I mean, if I did that, there wouldn't be nearly so many people alive at this Court, but...
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:54 am

"Ah, of course, this is your first sojourn to my humble shop! I did not misspeak when I said I trade in unique things. So, for such marvels, I ask you: what do you have that no one else does? What treasure is unique to your possession, a thing not too precious to gift another, yet impossible to find elsewhere? It is such things that I covet, for I can carry them for a time, and then I am doubly gifted by the looks of wonder when their intended owners find them here."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:05 am

Can you hold onto a throat strike for me?
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:44 am

The poet looks at the beautiful things, feeling very torn. "I....don't have very much, Daremo-san. Nothing magical or wondrous like you describe. I only have one thing that somebody else might even want. And you probably have hundreds of fans. Though I don't think Kakita Toshiki-sensei painted any others..."
Appearance

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:51 am

Daremo's eyes light up, and he gestures enthusiastically. "Yes, yes, that's it! Describe this fan to me."

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:58 am

She does not describe it...she removes it from underneath her outer kimono, though reluctantly. The fan is made perfectly for her height, not too large or small, with solid polished cherrywood spines. It is a plain, dark blue silk on one side. The other side is silvery gray. The gray side is painted with four small paintings: cherry blossom, plum blossom, bamboo, and chrysanthemum. Between each of the small paintings are a few small lines...famous sayings from the Tao of Shinsei. There is the chop in one corner that has the mark of the grandmaster painter, Kakita Toshiki.

She spreads it out.

It is clear for those extremely well informed of courtly things that the combinations of images or text shown on the flowered side could easily be used to communicate fairly complex prearranged messages in court, assuming both knew what the flowers were intended to say.
Appearance

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:39 am

"Ah! Such a masterpiece!" Daremo practically coos at the sight of it like a lovestruck pigeon. He holds out his hands. "May I?"

Run by GM Ebisu

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”