[Day 13 - Mid-day] A Trip to the Market, pt II

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Ide Kousuda

[Day 13 - Mid-day] A Trip to the Market, pt II

Postby Ide Kousuda » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:00 am

Kousuda enters Ibano's Treasures once again, looking around for Daremo.

"Daremo-san, are you in? I have your necklace." he calls out, hoping to grab the attention of the shopkeep.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Daremo

Re: [Day 13 - Mid-day] A Trip to the Market, pt II

Postby Daremo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:57 am

"Samurai-sama! I am in the back, just a moment!"

Daremo emerges from the stacks, wiping his hands clean with a rag.
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:02 am

"Ah, Daremo-san, you seem busy. I trust these last few days have treated you well? I have even better news: the necklace," he says as he produces the wooden box from a saddlebag. Opening it reveals the necklace, shining resplendantly in the light. "Is uncursed! I even had a shugenja bless it."
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:07 am

"Ah, Samurai-sama! This is glorious news! My day is resplendent with joy for hearing it."

Daremo somehow manages to outdo his normal theatrics, his hands momentarily brushing his outstretched toes in his majestic bow.

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 am

Kousuda raises his eyebrows at the response.

"Please, Daremo-san, it was nothing. I could not bear the thought of it troubling you or some unknown recipient. Though, having spent time with it, I have realized how marvelous a work it is. And I recall on my last visit that you said that you traded, yes? I have brought some items I think you might be interested in..." he says as rattles the closed saddlebag. "Though, I would still like to see more of your treasures, Daremo-san. Perhaps something suited for a lovely Crane courtier?"
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:27 am

Daremo rises, smiling, and gestures enthusiastically for the Unicorn to show what he has to trade. At mention of a lovely Crane courtier, his eyes wander to a ledger on a shelf before snapping back to Kousuda as he nods.

"But of course, Samurai-sama! Did you have a gift in mind?"

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:37 am

"Well, she enjoys poetry, and kites. Oh, and stories. And she probably needs a new fan." He says, thinking back to Kyoumi upon the dais, reaching for what wasn't there. "As for what I've brought..." he removes two books from the bag. One, a writing about the language, syntax, letters, and speech patterns. The second is something akin to a small dictionary. "I figured that these would be useful to you Daremo-san. They are books written by my father, knowledge of Meranese, the language on the necklace. If you do not care to learn, or after you have learned what you need, you can sell them off to any others that require such knowledge. Or perhaps, you could charge for a translation service, ne?"
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:00 am

"Ohhhh, truly marvels! Of course, I do not know that I will be able to learn the tongue myself. The long nights on the road though... Such a thing could be quite an interesting read."

He picks up the smaller book, flipping through it, his eyes darting between entry and entry.

"Interesting!" He looks up, smiling, and nods. "A fine deal for the necklace. Now, as to your other request! I've had much trade in fans recently, and my stock is greatly reduced as a result. There are a few particularly fine items, but I do not know that they would be appropriate in this case."

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:08 am

"A deal, then." The books and necklace are exchanged.

"As for the fans, why would they not be appropriate, Daremo-san?" He asks, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:57 am

"It is a feeling. Call it a merchant's hunch."

He shrugs.

"I really can't explain it better than that, but if you wish to see the fan, then I will bring it."

Run by GM Ebisu

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”