[Day 13 - Mid-day] A Trip to the Market, pt II

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Ide Kousuda

Re: [Day 13 - Mid-day] A Trip to the Market, pt II

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:02 am

"Your emporium is filled with treasures of all kinds, Daremo-san. I would like to see it, even if it is not suited for this particular circumstance." he says calmly, politely, with a slight hint of curiosity.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:19 am

"Certainly, Samurai-sama, the buyer is always correct."

Daremo gives a bow to excuse himself, taking the books with him as he goes. He does not go far, setting the books on a shelf and delicately lifting a fan stand from a place of honor. He gingerly carries it over, and sets the stand on a crate for viewing.

It is constructed of solid polished cherrywood spines. It is a plain, dark blue silk on one side. The other side is silvery gray. The gray side is painted with four small paintings: cherry blossom, plum blossom, bamboo, and chrysanthemum. Between each of the small paintings are a few small lines...famous sayings from the Tao of Shinsei. There is the chop in one corner that has the mark of the grandmaster painter, Kakita Toshiki.

It is clear for those extremely well informed of courtly things that the combinations of images or text shown on the flowered side could easily be used to communicate fairly complex prearranged messages in court, assuming both knew what the flowers were intended to say.

It is also eminently clear that this is Kakita Kyoumi's fan.

"A recent acquisition, but a beautiful one. I do not know much of the fan's history, save for that it was crafted especially for its last user, a lovely maiden of the Crane herself! She gifted it to me in exchange for certain items necessary for an ikebana lesson without flowers, and for tokens of a courtship that would not last the season. She seemed quite infatuated with the intended recipient, but was quite clear that such courtly romances do not last. Perhaps it had to do with her superior looking over her shoulder. Her nakodo, perhaps? In any case, though I do not envy the suitor his loss, I am pleased to say that the treasures exchanged for the gift of this fan will let him down more gently than a fall to a down pillow."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:41 am

"Such love is the thing of fairytales, ne? Truly a rarity." he says, a small smile on his face.

All the more reason to treasure it. To nurture it if you are fortunate enough to find it.

"I suppose time will tell how this Crane maiden's romance turns out, ne? In the meantime, I believe such a fan would be perfect. Would you perhaps be interested in rugs from the Burning Sands? Colors so bright and vibrant, they almost seem alive?"
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:59 am

"Time will tell, yes. And I would indeed care for such a thing! Do you have such a treasure?"

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:15 am

Many. Though this one is indeed treasured... Kousuda restrains himself from revealing how many rugs adorn the walls of his yurt. He instead says, "Indeed. With trade in mind, I have brought such a thing. One moment, please." Kousuda exits the store. Shortly after, his assistants outside, both comfortable in thick clothing, help carry in a rolled rug. They unfurl it in front of the shopkeep.

The moderately sized rug is of elaborate, foreign design. The style of the work seems native to the Sands. The coloring, however, seems to have come from elsewhere, likely dyes from the Ivory Kingdoms. The whole design depicts a cycle of day and night in the desert, on opposite ends of the piece, centered around a large circle in the center. Upon this walk myths, creatures, and beasts of all shapes and sizes. For those knowledgeable in such things, each one is representative of a popular tale of the land.

"More than fair, ne?"
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:34 am

"More than fair indeed!" Daremo walks up and sets a hand on the rug, feeling the texture. "Where would you acquire such a marvel?"

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:40 am

The rug feels wonderful and unused. Certainly, it has never been stepped upon, instead, being used as an artistic piece for display.

"It was in the grand bazaars of Medinaat Al Salaam that I came across this piece." He regards the merchant for a moment. "I believe you would do quite well for yourself there. I have other books, ones of the language of the Sands, if that would interest you... though perhaps that is for another time, ne?"
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:54 am

"Oh, would that I could, Samurai-sama, would that I could. I have too many obligations here, in the glorious Emerald Empire. This book though... You wouldn't happen to be looking for anything else, would you?"

Run by GM Ebisu

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:58 am

"Not currently. Though I'm sure this will not be my last visit to Ibano's Treasures."
Appearance!

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:03 am

"Of course, I will expect your next visit!"

Run by GM Ebisu

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”