[Day 14, LA] Bride's quest

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Isawa Akiko

[Day 14, LA] Bride's quest

Postby Isawa Akiko » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:50 am

Akiko and Hanae are bundled up warmly against the chill and the wind, but it is with great relief that they leave the snowy tempest outside and step into the store. Hanae quietly makes a non-accusatory comment about the nature of the weather being entirely inappropriate to be shopping in, but follows up with a statement of understanding that time is short and opportunities must sometimes be made, not looked for.

Hopefully, the sound of the Asako's voice is enough to let the stores owner know they are here. Whether he comes to greet them or not, both women move to look for kimonos.

Specifically, to see if this merchant would have something as impossible to find as a kimono suitable for a Phoenix wedding.
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Daremo

Re: [Day 14, LA] Bride's quest

Postby Daremo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:56 pm

Daremo emerges from the depths of his shop, and bows deeply to the two of them. "Mina-samas, welcome to my humble shop! What can Daremo help you find this day?"
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:26 am

She makes a bow appropriate for rank, perhaps even a little lower. "Merchant, last time I was here, you had such wonders I could scarce find the words. Today, I have only a few words, and only a very small hope. I need a kimono fit for a bride." She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. "I will not be upset if you do not have a proper wedding kimono. Just... something fine will do."
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:21 am

"Merely something fine?" Daremo gives his smile a wry edge. "Oh, Samurai-sama, I do believe that fine is the absolute minimum that I carry! One will certainly not find anything ordinary, and mediocre is right out. I ask then, is this to be your kimono, or a gift?"

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:49 am

"It is to be mine." The words don't quite feel real to say. So soon, so hasty. And they say the mountain never moves, yet there had been an avalanche amongst the fireworks. The merchant's playful patter helps ground her, and she even manages a weak smile.

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:59 am

"Ah, then congratulations are in order! Such a treasure is a wedding day," he cheerily calls with a beatific grin. "I remember my own sister's wedding, oh so long ago... Ah! You know, you are about her size!"

He turns without warning, and rushes into the back. He returns almost instantly with a carefully wrapped parcel.

"I hunted down a very specific garment for her wedding, only to return to the village to find that she and her beloved had eloped! We still had the party, of course, it simply lacked for a bride and groom. Ah, the foolishness of young love. Yet still, it would be a shame to simply let the find go to waste. Tell me, are you fond of traditional stylings?"

Run by GM Ebisu

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:49 pm

Her smile is a little stronger now. "Traditional stylings? Merchant, I most certainly am."

She almost laughs, but as Hanae accepts the box on her behalf and opens it, she goes very very quiet. Both women stare at the garment within, wide-eyed.

Eventually, Akiko knows she has to find her voice. "... my sympathies to your sister, Daremo-san, who never got to wear this most wonderful of gifts. I... I pray the Fortunes smiled on you, such a dedicated brother..."

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:52 pm

"I certainly cannot complain," Daremo says with a gentle smile, gesturing all around him at the stacked crates that contain all the wonders of the Empire. "And though I have not seen my sister in many years, I think that she would be happy to know her dear brother's efforts did not go to waste."

Run by GM Ebisu

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:18 am

Akiko stares at the garment once again, lost now not only in wonder but in the uncertainty of how to proceed. She's never needed to purchase anything in her life, let alone something she is certain she does not have the funds for.

Hanae clears her throat slightly, ready to intervene on Akiko's behalf,

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”