[Day 21 Midday] A Suzume goes shopping

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Daremo

Re: [Day 21 Midday] A Suzume goes shopping

Postby Daremo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Daremo returns from his trip to the market, arms piled high with simple goods. He walks into his little shop and sees he has customers! "Ah, greetings Samurai-samas! Just a moment while I set down my burdens." He moves towards the back of the shop, and returns a few moments later, arms free and grinning widely. "Now then, how can Daremo be of help to you today?"
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Daremo wrote:Daremo returns from his trip to the market, arms piled high with simple goods. He walks into his little shop and sees he has customers! "Ah, greetings Samurai-samas! Just a moment while I set down my burdens." He moves towards the back of the shop, and returns a few moments later, arms free and grinning widely. "Now then, how can Daremo be of help to you today?"

Kenichi nods in acknowledgement of the merchant. "Well, I was wondering if I might be able to find a sling here and Tsuruchi-sama here wished to peruse your scrolls."
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:51 pm

"Ah, a sling? For what purpose would Samurai-sama need a sling? For use or for display? I have a lovely collectors piece, owned by one of the original followers of the original Sparrow."

Seeing that the Wasp is already looking through the scroll, he gives her a bow. "Do let me know if anything catches your eye."

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:43 am

"The original Sparrow?" Mao repeated, sounding dubious, but not very. Honestly, it might be true.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:31 am

"Oh yes, one of the personal vassals of Suzume Masako, aunt to Doji Suzume himself! A yojimbo, if I remember correctly, although in those early days the sling was more a childhood toy than a weapon."

Run by GM Ebisu

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 am

Daremo wrote:"Oh yes, one of the personal vassals of Suzume Masako, aunt to Doji Suzume himself! A yojimbo, if I remember correctly, although in those early days the sling was more a childhood toy than a weapon."

"The sling is for a friend, as he had not heard of such a thing. I have never learned how to use one so I will not be able to demonstrate for him, but I think he found the notion of one quite quaint."
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:12 pm

"A legacy sling should be just the thing then, eh? A good storied item makes for a more meaningful gift."

Daremo sensing a sale puts to mind a shark smelling blood in the water. Except a smiling shark probably shows less teeth.

Run by GM Ebisu

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Daremo wrote:"A legacy sling should be just the thing then, eh? A good storied item makes for a more meaningful gift."

Daremo sensing a sale puts to mind a shark smelling blood in the water. Except a smiling shark probably shows less teeth.

Remarkable. A long way from home, but then, this is an unusual place.

"That sounds perfect. I will send one of the servants along later from the Embassy to complete the transaction."

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”