[Day 21 Midday] A Suzume goes shopping

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Suzume Kenichi

[Day 21 Midday] A Suzume goes shopping

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:38 am

Suzume Kenichi wanders into Ibano's Treasures for the first time. His gaze is taken up by the oddments arranged around the main area of the shop and he raises an eyebrow in surprise. He begins to have a look around, keeping an eye out for the owner so that he might attract his attention and ask him for some assistance. If anyone will have what I am looking for, it will be here.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Tsuruchi Mao

Re: [Day 21 Midday] A Suzume goes shopping

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Mao stepped into the shop for the third time this Court, when she hadn't been expecting to go in at all. She had no more treasures to trade the suspicious merchant--she had literally given him the only meaningful object she owned, other than her yumi, which she'd only part with in death--but she wanted to check his scroll collection periodically. She might find another currency for the merchant to trade in if she found some particularly useful lore.

Now knowing the way Daremo operated, she was also more than a bit curious what sorts of things the other samurai at Court might have given him, and whether her feathers were on display.

She poked around the shelves, oblivious.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:Now knowing the way Daremo operated, she was also more than a bit curious what sorts of things the other samurai at Court might have given him, and whether her feathers were on display.

She poked around the shelves, oblivious.

Noticing the Tsuruchi, Kenich bows. "Tsuruchi-sama. I hope you fare well. What brings you to Ibano's Treasures?"
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Mao blinked in surprise, looking up from a...well, she wasn't sure what it was, some chunk of rock with large holes bored into it.

"Suzume-san. I'm perusing. I was going to look at scrolls when I saw this."

Her hand indicated the stone thing.

"Yourself?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:17 pm

Kenichi isn' quite sure what to make of the rock with holes in it. He is distracted by it momentarily before answering Mao's question.

"After Shiba-sama asked me about the sling this morning, I thought I might try and see if I could find one. This seemed to be the best place to try."

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Mao grinned. "Then prepare for a heroic story that goes with it. Or maybe you'll find a tragedy. Forgive my ignorance, but can you not simply make a sling?"

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:Mao grinned. "Then prepare for a heroic story that goes with it. Or maybe you'll find a tragedy. Forgive my ignorance, but can you not simply make a sling?"

Kenichi smiles. "Well, I think someone of greater skill could do so but I myself do not, even if it is perhaps a fairly simple contraption to devise. Have you ever made one, or perhaps even used on?"

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:08 pm

"No, I never had a need. I'm going to be presumptuous and declare the yumi a superior weapon."

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"No, I never had a need. I'm going to be presumptuous and declare the yumi a superior weapon."

"That it is, indeed. A sling is the weapon of those who have little access to the materials or the type of craftsmen needed to make a yumi. We have some archers among the Sparrow, but they are few and far between."

He looks around the shop.

"It looks like it will take some searching to find anything in here. Were the scrolls you are after about anything in particular?"

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Mao hid her wince. Oh father, if only you had lived. You might have made a home with the Sparrow.

"Not really," she said with as much nonchalance as she could muster. "I'm always on the lookout for information on oni and the like. Or warfare. Anything I can use against the Onyx. Learning with the Tsuruchi is a very hands-on experience, and sometimes one can only learn by reading."

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”