[D23. Early Afternoon] The Soul of Man (Ask)

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Yogo Katsuyori

Re: [D23. Early Afternoon] The Soul of Man (Ask)

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:03 pm

Katsuyori nodded to the Ide in agreement.

"Back home I usually just give a list with the stuff I need to the servants and they bring them. Being the Karo of one of the most powerful and respected Scorpion governors, has its perks."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Shugenja • Wardmaster • Kuroiban
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:25 pm

"Your servants sound quite impressive, then. What is the most difficult or rare thing you've had them fetch?"
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:27 pm

"That would be an invitation to a certain bog hags tailor."
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:37 pm

"Oh? And what did you have such a tailor fashion?"

Kousuda glosses over the mention of big hag, likely considering it an exaggeration or that the Yogo is insulting someone or that he doest't know what a bog hag is.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:56 pm

"A certain person I was looking into used to visit her once per month. I had to make some arrangements. Good times."

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Daremo returns, bearing an oversized spiral shell of glaming pearl and tigers-eye gold, the exterior covered in similarly mottled spines like chitinous spears. The opening is packed with a few other goods laid on a spotted pelt. He lays out the items on a table for perusal.

"Here we are, samurai-samas! Come, see what I have for sale," He picks up a bone-white pipe to begin with. "This was carved from driftwood on the shores of the Ivory Kingdoms! The wood is not only the smoothest you will ever find, having been tumbled in the sea for years to wear away any roughness, but it is packed with salt and partially petrified. The pipe is partly stone mixed with the wood as a result, and the acoustics are just right that, when properly cleaned, the sea can be heard as though it were a shell. Speaking of shells,"

He lifts the torso-sized piece for inspection. "I did not have that of a giant scorpion, but this beauty was fished out of the seas with the days haul off the coast of Bat lands many years ago. The shugenja I traded a rare scroll to for it theorized that it might have once been the home of some antedeluvian crab, or similar creature. Look, see how the light plays off the surface! It is a thing of beauty, and durable to boot. A previous assistant knocked it from a high shelf a few years ago, and one of the spines put a dent in the floor rather than snapping."

He picks up a thin, white-bristled brush with a transparent handle. "This is especially fine. The bristles are horse hair, from a pure white Shinjo Tall Horse. Feel how soft they are! The handle is blown glass, finely speckled with silver powder so the interior sparkles. A handsome tool for the finest of detail work."

The pelt is the last item he lifts. "While the tiger pelt is unique in my stock, I did have this. It similarly comes from a large cat, though not quite so large as the Tiger. This one is called a leopard. See the spots? They are said to move swiftly and silently through the underbrush of their home, their coloration making them near invisible to the naked eye in the flora. A deadly hunter which stalks and claims its prey in an instant before they can react. They say that, despite the comparison in size, the leopard is capable of dragging a creature the size of a deer up a tree to feast upon."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Katsuyori blinks, clearly impressed.

"Ain't you the best merchant I have ever visited in person?"

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:30 pm

"And the best you ever will, Samurai-sama," Daremo replieds with a theatrical bow. "Ibano's Treasures is home to the strange and beautiful, the rare and unusual, and above all else, humble Daremo has what you are looking for. The price is right, and he can provide."

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:33 pm

"In my case the price never matters when it comes to something I want, my Lady trusts me that much. So pray tell, what is the most strange and unusual commodity you currently have?"

Daremo

Postby Daremo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:44 pm

"Hmm... The strangest, most unusual thing? That depends on what rumours you would believe. I am no shugenja, Samurai-sama, to know the secrets of all of my wares, but there are some items here that the previous owners claimed to be nemuranai. I've also artifacts dug up by enterprising individuals from the era before the fall of the Kami, as well as goods from lands beyond those marked on any Imperial Map. Salvaged or traded from samurai explorers, naturally, so as not to invite the wrath of the magistrates. I've miracles both mundane and exotic, crafts from masters both living and dead! To ask to single one thing out as the most unusual is no easy task, with so, so many unique items to choose from. Can I interest you in jewels? Rare tomes? Furniture even? Narrow it down, and I can show you a wonder the likes of which has rarely been seen in the entire world."

Run by GM Ebisu

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”