[Day 0, Early Morning] Waito Always Delivers (Open)

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Yoritomo Waito

Re: [Day 0, Early Morning] Waito Always Delivers (Open)

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:Mao put on a wry smile and leaned to one side. "What is this enjoyment you speak of? It sounds like an extravagance."

"And what is life without a little extravagance! Why, I'm tempted to take one of these kimono for myself, really make an impression at court!" Waito turns it back and forth a few times. "If I can discover exactly how I'm meant to wear it..."
Midori

Monk • Experienced Yoritomo Waito

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Mao binked in reply. "You are asking the wrong person, sama."
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:41 pm

"Perhaps not, then. Wouldn't want to show the Crane up at their own game, anyway..." Waito replaces the kimono - now no longer mint - and turns away.
Last edited by Yoritomo Waito on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:47 pm

"On the contrary," Mao began, growing a small but mischievous smile, "Irritating the Crane without insult might give you an edge. It may be worth the attempt."

As soon as the grin grew, however, Mao banished it once again.

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:58 pm

"Such a fine line, that," Waito nods, his own grin lasting longer than Mao's. "But your instinct to better acquaint yourself with court is a good one - I'm sure the owner of this fine emporium wouldn't mind letting you browse a few of his wares..?"

The shop owner nods, but doesn't return the smile.
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Mao regarded the heimin for the first time, noting his unease. Truly, she pitied anyone Waito turned his mercantile attentions on.

"I will look," she admitted, and flashed a friendly smile for the man, though it did not warm her eyes. She returned to the Admiral.

"Thank you, Yoritomo-sama. I should hate to keep you from your duties. Or enjoyment."

She bowed deeply as to excuse herself, and conferred with the merchant for the information she sought.

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Secure in the knowledge that he's passed on some wisdom, Waito bows and exits.
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”