[Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
User avatar
Daremo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Daremo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:49 am

Daremo reaches out to catch the coin, fumbling a bit before it settles in his hand. He then whips it up to eye level, and begins to examine it.

"Hmm, hmm, a strange token. Not the product of any mint I know of. What mark is this? I know the mon of the Spider, but this other one... It must hold great weight to grant safe passage in these days..."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

User avatar
Susumu Ketsueki
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:41 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:56 am

"Apparently an order of their emperor's personal court. The closest he's gotten to what the old Otomo were from my reccon. Reguardless, it sets bandits straight with fear so it was always useful to me."

"So what do you say my friend, do we have a deal?"
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

User avatar
Daremo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Daremo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:07 am

Daremo flips the coin back and forth between its sides, considering it for a long moment.

"Hmm, I've yet to meet the bandit who would think to ask for identification before attacking... Yet all the same, these are troubled times, and even the hint of security could be better than none. Such a token, if it works as intended, would certainly be invaluable to any merchant. For myself, in my travels, it could prove essential. How is it, I wonder, that I have not heard of these tokens before, hmm? How is it you said you came to own it? Forgive a prudent man his curiosity."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

User avatar
Susumu Ketsueki
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:41 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:51 pm

"I came to own such a thing through a contract with an employer on the crane front. I was tasked with hunting a particular raider from that realm. Over a month myself and a number of compatriots pursued and slew the beast. This was on his person. My contractor explained it's purpose and offered it to me as gratitude as I journeyed more north to Otosan Uchi."

He stands and waits for the merchants response.
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

User avatar
Daremo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Daremo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:10 pm

"Hmmm, hmmm. Well, I would be a poor entrepeneur if I did not take risks for the chance of tremendous profit. Samurai-sama, the quiver is yours."

Daremo pockets the token with a smile, and reopens the ledger. He makes a few marks, closes it once more, and hands over the ancient accessory.
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu


Return to “Ibano's Treasures”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest