[Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
User avatar
Daremo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 am

[Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Daremo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:20 pm

A rumble and bustle comes from up the road a bit, and suddenly from around the corner comes the most garish and tacky caravan cart that has ever graced the streets of Two Heaven's Village. The belaboured oxen that pull it wheeze from exertion, overburdened as they are with the fabulously multi-color vehicle. Its approach is heralded by a cheerful whistling from the driver's seat, where a middle-aged man sits grinning.

The cart pulls up in the alley behind Ibano's Treasures, and the driver jumps off, cheerfully strolling around to the back entrance. There comes a commotion from inside, joyous and somewhat manic shouting, and then the curtain of beads passing for a front door opens. The merchant previously at the desk of the small shop exits with the driver, bowing profusely and clutching a small parcel close to his chest. The driver returns the bow, and still grinning, tucks the ledger he was reading under his arm. He dismisses the merchant with a wave, and surveys the market street with the air of a Daimyo looking upon his lands.

Daremo's grin widens, and he throws his arms wide, proclaiming in a sing-song tone, "Come one, come all! From every mountain, from every sea! Daremo is back, and has what you need! Tea for your guests, jewels for your wife! Come my friends, come, for the deal of your life!"
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

User avatar
Susumu Ketsueki
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:41 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Ketsueki's stomach is full from his breakfast and off he goes to the Tenshukaku. However, as he was finding his way around the village he spots a traveling shop. He hears the announcement and smiles to himself. What an interesting cart, so out of place among this serene mountain village.

Intrigued, he approaches the cart and begins to talk to the seller.

"Good morning merchant! What wears do you have in stock? Anything interesting from your travels?"
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

User avatar
Daremo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Daremo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Daremo turns, the full force of his sunny personality coming to bear on the unsuspecting Susumu.

"Ah, good morning Samurai-sama! It would likely be better to ask, what don't I have? Have you had rice this morning? I have rices from the world wide! Jasmine, White, Brown, Basmati, Long-grain, Short, Glutenous and not. Or perhaps a fine sushi mat, woven from reeds that only grow in the harbors of the Centipede Clan? Ah, but I see you are chilly, lowlander. I have the finest silks that can be found from the brightest corners of Ningen-do. Kimono so soft as to make Hotei himself sigh to touch them!"

He whirls theatrically on his heel and gives a swooping bow.

"Simply put, Samurai-sama, you will find no better source of material wonders than Ibano's Treasures. I am Daremo, the humble proprietor, recently returned from yet another sojourn across the Empire, and myself and my wares are at your service."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

User avatar
Susumu Ketsueki
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:41 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Ketsueki is almost taken aback at the apparent showmanship of the merchant.

"Hmm... how interesting." Ketsueki mused to himself.

"I've seen rice a plenty, I've dealt with sushi in my days and I have enough silk back home. What pray tell do you have that is exotic, unique? I'm always a fan of the unusual and unique. I've traveled around myself if I say so, but probably not as much as you my friend."
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

User avatar
Daremo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Daremo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:17 pm

"Exotic? Unique? Why, Samurai-sama, you have come to the right place. I have such treasures as to baffle the wealthiest of Daimyo, to fascinate the most jaded of scholars. A gem, plucked from the eye of a Gaijin Temple in the Ivory Kingdoms! A pearl from the beds of the Ningyo, a feather plucked from a bird that only flies when both the Moon and the Sun are in the sky. A rod, taken from the Burning Sands by the Yodotai, said to fortell the future as well as any kawaru coins. I would be shocked, Samurai-sama, if any item in my humble cart had a twin anywhere else in the world. Save of course, for those that come in pairs. Might I interest you in a set of chopsticks, carved from teak and treated so that the wood itself is scented with a third-brew oolong?"

Daremo sneaks a hand behind himself, and opens the beaded curtain.

"Come, come, I am certain we can find something to tempt you."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

User avatar
Susumu Ketsueki
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:41 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:55 pm

"Goodness, what a collection... Please, lead the way my fair merchant. Let us see what wonders you have to tempt me with. I am always interested in the strangest of things."

Ketsueki follows the merchant through the beaded door.
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

User avatar
Daremo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Daremo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:49 pm

The interior of the building is more warehouse than shop, and more encampment than warehouse. The front of the building is almost a travelling shelter, with an open back where Daremo's colorful wagon is currently parked. The caravan's side is open, revealing a panapoly of exotic goods which even the most traveled of Unicorn would be at a loss to name.

Daremo hustles about with his ledger, balancing it carefully on a stack of bamboo-bound books and pamphlets.

"So, is there anything in particular you are looking for, or simply browsing our assorted wonders this day?"
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

User avatar
Susumu Ketsueki
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:41 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Ketseuki wander the cart, investigating the many possible items for sale.

My goodness, such interesting trinkets. I must pay this merchant a visit again this court.

"Hmmm... While fascinated by these goods and wears, I have a busy morning tomorrow. Do you happen to have access to kave, fresh from the colonial lands? It would do worlds for helping me as I face the next day."
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

User avatar
Daremo
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Daremo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:25 am

"Ah, kave, kave, kave... Wonderful substance, hard to come by these days, but there are always those who are willing to part with their stores..."

Daremo, turning to rummage through a basket, hums contentedly as he works.

"Do you know, I was just down along the coast a few seasons past when the sea trade routes dried up, and managed to get my hands on some of the last shipments. They thought me mad, buying up so much at such a price, but they did not know people as I do! Kave was so popular then, and when it started becoming rarer, people began wanting it more. Supply and demand, supply and demand... Especially high when the headaches set in. Aha!"

He withdraws a small, woven fiber sack from the bottom of the basket, and the smell of the beans swiftly fills the immediate area. He bustles over to a set of copper scales, and using the scoop tied to the bag, carefully weighs out a single serving. He ties of the sack, tossing it back into the basket, and then wraps the serving in a small square of silk. Spinning about with the fragrant bundle, he holds out the prize with a grin to the Spider.

"This is a most potent blend, as fresh as can be found in this part of the world. A single serving should more than provide the energy necessary to keep honorable Samurai-sama awake and alert for the rigors of Court. For the honored guest, this can be yours for the modest sum of four koku."
Suspiciously Well-Supplied

“This is impossible to find at this price! But for you, my friend, I am willing to take a loss.”

Run by GM Ebisu

User avatar
Susumu Ketsueki
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:41 am

Re: [Day 0, Late Morning, Open] Back in Business

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:42 am

Four koku does he think me INSANE!

Ketsueki was about to respond, bringing his unholy anger upon the pretentious merchant, but then realized that right now he looked like just a simple ronin, he had to play his part.

"You drive a hard bargain merchant. But a morning of energy is worth the simple coin."

He pulls forward the coins for the man and takes his prize.
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.


Return to “Ibano's Treasures”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest