[LA Day Zero, Open]: In search for Warmth

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Moshi Janisha

[LA Day Zero, Open]: In search for Warmth

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Janisha walked towards the stall, with one thing on her mind. It wasn't necessarily something that her family would approve of but the last few days as they approached the city, it became clear to Janisha just how cold this winter would get.

And one of her Kimono's was of a cut appropriate for Summer Court. Her preferred Kimono in fact, without all the extra cloth, fake layering and high quality material that would just get in the way.
Someone should have told me how cold it would get, she thought to herself, although that was unfair. She HAD been warned...multiple times in fact, that it got colder in the mountains then down on the plains. She had chosen not to listen. How could it possibly get colder after all.

Well now you know that cold enough to kill isn't as cold as it get. What do you even call cold at that point? Death should be a final point...what need does the world have for colder then that.

Regardless she approaches the small encampment in search of something she is sure she would get no where else, except MAYBE the Unicorn. And she couldn't approach them for this. It was her own mistake yes, but going to the unicorn would insult Arashi.

Konjo is not going to be pleased when he finds out. But as long as he doesn't see, I should be fine.

"Good Afternoon Merchant? Are you free?"
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Akodo Tetsu

Re: [LA Day Zero, Open]: In search for Warmth

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Tetsu approached the eclectic collection of wares and wagons first out of curiosity perusing the various wares on display some with interest, some wondering where they even came from.

That is until he spots the Centipede. With the... odd letter from this morning in his mind he moves towards her. Wanting to know what to expect from the people from the Colonies. Keeping a respectful distance waiting to be acknowledges after she finished her conversation with the merchant.
Lion - Tactician - soul of Akodo Yama

I am a Lion, hear my roar "Rawr" ='w'=
Bio & appearance

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:34 pm

The Moshi was looking over the wares on the outside of the encampment, working up the courage to move deeper, and ask specifically what she wanted. Pausing in her current browsing of wares she shook her head, "This isn't what I am looking for."

Bowing low the Merchant replies, specifically not looking at the Centipede's face or skin, "Then noble Samurai-sama, what are you looking for? I am sure I can find what you desire."

Finally about to say it out loud, she notices the Lion, and instead switches to, "Fair merchant, I am looking for a Haori appropriate for the weather we are soon to face." The wind picks up and she shivers.

The Merchant looks at the Haori she is currently wearing, already made of quite thick silk, but decides that he is better off not questioning, "Yes Samurai-sama, I will see what I can find," before ducking back into his wagons.

Turning to the Lion, she bowed, slightly deeper then she possibly should have for a Bushi she didn't know, before she she asked, "Akodo-Sama, have you had Rice today?"
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Returning the bow as deeply. "I have Moshi-sama." Opposed to the merchant Tetsu looks directly at Janisha, her complexion perhaps not the oddest thing he has seen this day.

"Has the journey towards court been kind to you and your delegation?"

Bio & appearance

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:32 pm

She smiled at the Lion, happy to see his lack of disgust, I have met 4 people today, and all of them are not bothered by my appearance. Or at least not noticeably bothered. Given how many have seen and fought an Oni though, it shouldn't surprise me. Still, it is a nice change from the Heimin I met on my journey.

"As kind as it can be Akodo-sama. The trip from the Colonies is long, far longer then I could possibly have imagined, and before this point I had explored most of the Colonies. The longer I live, the more I realise the sheer size of the world Lady Sun and Lord Moon created for us. It is so strange, as the chosen children of the kami, we have explored so little." She glances briefly at the merchant and noticed that he was still searching for someone to offer her, before her eyes return to the Lion.

"Apart from the Unicorn of course," she adds. She decided not to mention the cold, although as the wind picks up her feelings on the issue of the cold was clear.

"And yourself Akodo-san? How was the trip, and what brings you to Ibano's Treasures?"
Description

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Tetsu keeps an impassive on. "One may travel the Emerald Empire their entire life yet see something new everyday, let alone the lands beyond. Yet exploration is often not on our mind because of dire circumstances."

Gazing across Ibano's Treasures he sees nothing of interest yet, besides the person opposite him. "Our travels have been kind after leaving the contested area's behind and simple curiosity has brought me today to Ibano's Treasures."

"If I may ask Moshi-sama, have you perhaps read the letter your delegation head Kitsune Konjo-sama?"

Bio & appearance

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:39 pm

"Duty in addition to dire circumstances Akado-san. Only the Spider and Dragon have ever been given the Duty of Discovery. It is unfortunate what the Spider chose to do after the Empress blessed them so..." She shook her head, "I suppose some people will never be happy with a gift, they must ever desire more."

As he moved on to her delegation, she considered her words carefully, "We were careful in consulting each other before all the letters were sent, to be sure not to cause offence or risk another clan misunderstanding the intent of the kingdom of Zogeku. Is something wrong, Akodo-san?"
Description

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:38 pm

A nod in agreement to her first statement. What then does that say of the Mantis to have created their own kingdom.

Tetsu calmly responds to her question. "Some of Kitsune-sama's words have left us with some uncertainty in regards to that intent, though I believe any such uncertainty can be dispelled once a proper meeting has been arranged."

Bio & appearance

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Ahhhh, enlightenment.
"I cannot fully speak for Konjo-sama's words, for they were his own. However it is best to remember that we have not been entirely absent from the Empire since the rise of Yoritomo Arashi-sama to the position of Warlord. Nor has who did and didn't send ambassadors to his court go unnoticed. We would be remiss to not notice the words that some say of us. Finally, as the Lion themselves do, there is also history to look at."

Pausing for a moment she continued, "The Lion have a long history of defending the honour of their clan and the Empire's honour. They are least inclined to fall into dishonour themselves, and they have a strict interpretation of Bushido. You value loyalty... and honour....and tradition. It should come to no surprise to you of those Samurai left in the Colonies with no orders and no way home after Rokugan turned its attention towards the foe, the Lion were the least likely to join Arashi's new Zogeku. Loyal to the end were the sons and daughters of the Lion."

The merchant was finally managing to acquire what appeared to be woollen garments, although it was clear they weren't of the quality fit for Winter Court. Janisha just shook her head, and he bowed before returning them, "No Military action has occurred between the Lion and Zogeku since we united the Colonies under one leader. However we of Zogeku are well aware of what would happen had the Onyx Empire not entered the picture before we declared independence. From the view of many, if not all of the Lion, we violated Chugo, Meyo, and, depending on exactly how you interpret it, Makoto and Gi towards the Emperor himself.

Under any other circumstances, we would certainly be at war."
Description

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:10 am

"You are right, history must be remembered. As you say, the Lion were resistant to your ways and vision." With a hint of pride." As would be expected of our brothers and sisters." Returning to an impassive voice."Contact since then has been almost non-existent and what there has been has not been favorable for either of us."

Taking a while to respond and to choose his words wisely. "But this is not any other circumstance Moshi-sama. The existence of the Onyx Empire is something that troubles us both." Leaving it at that waiting and wondering how she'll respond.

Bio & appearance

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”