[LA Day Zero, Open]: In search for Warmth

A small encampment unto itself; crates, barrels and wagons stack to form walls and a makeshift fort featuring wares and foodstuffs from all over the Empire… strangely from all over the Empire. Perhaps even beyond.
Moshi Janisha

Re: [LA Day Zero, Open]: In search for Warmth

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:48 pm

"Only a party organized by the Crane and the Crab jointly would cause more surprise I think," She said, enjoying the humour she had invoked in him.

"And I am sorry Akodo-san. I truly am. Being separated from one you love is hard." She paused for a moment, then added, "Of course the greatest of loves form under the most trying of circumstances. Being dedicated and dutiful only enhance the love, or so the stories tell it." It felt strange, consoling a man over a short break given what happened at mid day to her, but now was neither the time or the place to discuss such things.

"Should you like, and if you think she would appreciate it, I could give your wife a picture of the lands that surround us now, an attempt to capture the beauty and starkness of the Dragon Lands." It would possibly take a few attempts, but then, most of the best pictures did. "As for my own work, I am not a fully trained artisan sadly, my work is far more humble then anything your wife could make I am sure. However I would gladly share my work with you should you wish it."

She paused for a moment, carefully considering how to phrase the next bit, "Although its important to remember that it is the environment and culture, that inspires the artisan...and each clan thus has a slightly different style of art. The Colonies are very distant from the Empire, with a mixing of two very different cultures, leading to very different inspiration. I hope that wont be a problem Akodo-san. I do have some more traditional work, however it will limit what I can show you."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:59 pm

"Yes that would be a sight to see and one that would be heard across the mountain." Tetsu responds.

"You do not need to be sorry Janisha-sama. For I am blessed that I see our time apart as a burden instead of our time together." Despite the assurance it is fine, the consolation is welcome. "Though thank you, is there perhaps someone waiting for you to make the long journey back towards the Colonies." Though after a short pause. " Apologies, if it's too personal a question you need not answer."

At the mention of her work. "Me and Yuki would be honored to have one of your works." Mulling over her words about the style. " While I may not be able to fully... appreciate the styles of the Colonies I would not want to limit you in your work. As a bird with it's wings clipped cannot fly, I would not prevent you to work freely. "
Lion - Tactician - soul of Akodo Yama

I am a Lion, hear my roar "Rawr" ='w'=
Bio & appearance

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:05 am

A very slight smile, just to show she doesn't mind, reaches her lips, "You need not worry, Akodo-san. While the conflict has caused much loss, my betrothed is not among the fallen. Watanabe Ren-san is a dutiful samurai, and a from what limited time I have spent with him, I can state that Benten has not cursed our relationship. There are many who have it worse, who upon entering the same room, even the thickest of Shogi screens will not keep their privacy intact from those who care to listen."

And even sometimes those who don't

"Maybe once this is all over, Watanabe-san and I we will find mutual companionship in each other's company. I expect true bliss is a bit much to ask for."

As he spoke of her art and style a small look of excitement entered her eyes,"You are generous Akodo-san. It will be nice to share all I have painted. The Ivindi had uses of colour not found in Rokugan, and patterns that are unique in all the world, or at least, so I am told." Of course, her own wings were clipped anyway, but with how bizarre today had been, she may actually get the appropriate canvas for that before the end of court.
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Looking doubtful for a moment at the mention of the Ivindi. Perhaps I should have said something... Though it passes quickly. "Then I have more reason to look forward to your work Janisha-sama."

With how long they have been talking the sky is slowly darkening and chill becomes more noticeable.

Tetsu looks at the sky noticing the time he has left before the gates are closed. "Apologies Janisha-sama, while I have enjoyed our conversation and it has caused me to look forward to our next meeting. I need to make haste towards the castle lest I be locked out."

Taking a step back and giving a bow. "I look forward to your presence in court and will send a letter to Kitsune-sama to arrange a meeting so we may talk."

Bio & appearance

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:31 pm

She returned his bow, as the chill began to pick up. Glancing back at the merchants wagon and then the position of the Sun, she nodded. She could wait a bit longer although she had a feeling she wouldn't be getting her furs tonight.

"I quite understand Akodo-san, and I too, hope to see you in court," Nodding in the direction of the gates, she said, "Should ever a time come that you or any of your Delegation get locked out of the castle, for whatever reason, the Delegation of Zogeku has taken up residence in the The Laughing Badger Inn. We will gladly accept the company of any who wish a reprieve from the cold."

Bowing to to Tetsu, she said, "May the Jade Sun protect you, and illuminate your path, Akodo-san. I will await your letter."
Description

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:10 pm

"I am grateful for your offer of a reprieve from the cold, as will be my clansmen I imagine. I would offer you much the same, should it happen that any of your delegation be inside the castle after the gates are closed, they are welcome at the Lion Embassy."

Returning the bow. "Ancestor's Blessing Janisha-sama, I will look forward to your reply."

With that Tetsu moves away towards the castle gates.

(/exit)

Bio & appearance

Return to “Ibano's Treasures”