[Day 5 - Late Afternoon] Tending the Garden (OPEN)

One may wonder how courtiers are ever able to find the perfect flower to ensemble their poems or gift one to their secret paramour when they are very much out of season. By the power of the kami, Tamori Mei has solved this problem at the florist shop where blooms of every seed can be found year-round.
Doji Arami

[Day 5 - Late Afternoon] Tending the Garden (OPEN)

Postby Doji Arami » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:47 am

Fragrant and resplendent, Doji Arami arrives at the shop with the confidence of one who has walked these paths before. He searches for the peculiar Tamori Mei, nods respectfully when he finds her, and says, "Good afternoon, Tamori Mei. I hope the flowers are doing well with all this wind." He gestures as a breeze flicks his hair away.

"Have you any jasmines?"
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Tamori Mei

Re: [Day 5 - Late Afternoon] Tending the Garden (OPEN)

Postby Tamori Mei » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:06 am

Tamori Mei was hanging as many lanterns as possible in preparation for the coming chill of night. "Jasmines? Yes, they are over they are over in that far corner. Careful, they are set next to the cactus flower." Mei continued to mind her lanterns and their warmth. "Just do them a favor and put at least one on display in an ikebana. They are a very exhibitionist type."
Flower Girl

“This doesn’t even bloom in the lowlands anymore, regardless of season.”

Run by GM Sahai

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:04 am

"That was just what I had in mind for them. I am glad that they would be pleased with their new arrangement," Arami says with a smile. As he gathers the flowers into his bag, avoiding the prickly thorns of the cactus, he turns to the woman and gives her a thoughtful look.

"These blossoms are fortunate to have you warm them this chilly day. But how have you been, Tamori?"
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

Tamori Mei

Postby Tamori Mei » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:41 am

Mei gave the slightest hint of a sigh. "I have my duties to the kami. It is joyful work. There are many spirits to commune with. I never feel alone here. Ever. It's like hearing the same song every day."
Flower Girl

Run by GM Sahai

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:15 am

"To be surrounded by such music must be a most fortunate existence. And I am sure kami are delighted to receive your service." You could have been Crane, in another world... but why not change the world?

"Midori told me this morning that you sometimes gift her with seeds to plant in the castle gardens. Spreading the kami's joy, though only you can hear its song." A thoughtful pause, Arami casting his gentle eyes on the flower girl. "Should my family wish to share in this delight, would you be willing to help our plants grow, Tamori Mei?"

Tamori Mei

Postby Tamori Mei » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:31 am

At this, Tamori Mei Mei turned a bit pensive. "Oh, as much as it would be an honor, Doji-san, my home is here in the mountains with my family and all the care I have for them. I cannot possibly deny them my presence."
Flower Girl

Run by GM Sahai

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:45 am

"I apologize, I was unclear. Of course the Crane would not dream of denying your family and the mountain of your presence. But should we have some plants we would wish to cultivate during our time here at Winter Court, I think there is no one better to help coax the kami to let them grow." A compliment, and a sincere one.

"Would you be willing to assist us, Mei-san?"

Tamori Mei

Postby Tamori Mei » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:49 am

Tamori Mei looked to the other flowers as if consulting with sage advisers. "Something could be worked upon. Many of these flowers are descended from those that sprung from Kosaten province far to the south. You would not by chance be familiar with the place?"
Flower Girl

Run by GM Sahai

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:59 am

"Indeed I am. Very much so - it is in the southern part of Crane lands, and was once a richly productive agricultural territory. What do these flowers speak of it?"

Tamori Mei

Postby Tamori Mei » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:12 am

"Just a longing for the memories of their ancestors. Would you by chance know a means to sate their nostalgia?"
Flower Girl

Run by GM Sahai

Return to “The Spring of Winter”