[Day 14 LA] The perfect gift

One may wonder how courtiers are ever able to find the perfect flower to ensemble their poems or gift one to their secret paramour when they are very much out of season. By the power of the kami, Tamori Mei has solved this problem at the florist shop where blooms of every seed can be found year-round.
Utaku Yamada

[Day 14 LA] The perfect gift

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:10 am

Yamada entered the shop shaking the snow from her clothes. The warmth was welcoming. She looked around the various plants and flowers, trying to work out which one she wanted.

I do hope it is here, I don't want to go somewhere else unless I have to.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Tamori Mei

Re: [Day 14 LA] The perfect gift

Postby Tamori Mei » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:22 am

"Utaku-san?" Tamori Rei appeared to set fresh cut batch of peonies on display. "Is there something I can do for you?"
Flower Girl

“This doesn’t even bloom in the lowlands anymore, regardless of season.”

Run by GM Sahai

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:24 am

"Yes," said Yamada. "Your insight helped me so well before, Tamori-san, that I thought I would seek it again. I am after a very particular flower for a very special gift and Inwasnwondering if you have it."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Tamori Mei

Postby Tamori Mei » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:55 am

"We are all about particulars here, Utaku-sama. A single petal to the number of leaves upon the stem or just the right shade of violet. The character of each flowers speaks to us. What is this particular flower?"
Flower Girl

Run by GM Sahai

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:58 am

"Saffron flower," said Yamada. "Not just the flower, but I wondering if you had the...stones? Is that the right word? I know they are bigger than seeds."
Widowed, Day 28

Tamori Mei

Postby Tamori Mei » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:18 am

"The bulbs?" Mei seemed just a little stunned. "No one ever asks for the bulbs, but yes. I have those." She slinked back behind the her curtain and reappeared a few seconds later with an entire basket full of them. She also carried a touch of sadness. "These came with Daremo's last shipment. I'd be a bit wary of them, however. Some of them could be pinks, but the others are violets and were cultivated strangely. The later are sterile and will not reproduce upon blossoming. I have no magics for telling which until one can already see their color. Are your wishes that manner of particular?"
Flower Girl

Run by GM Sahai

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:22 am

"No, I was thinking more of their beauty as well as the spice that is valued from them," said Yamada. "And I was also thinking, if I gave the flowers as a gift they would be lovely but they would wither and die. Giving the...bulbs is of a promise of the future. Though I would like one of the flowers too."
Widowed, Day 28

Tamori Mei

Postby Tamori Mei » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:36 am

"You would have to take a lot of them to be sure. Some are promising for cultivation, but others will not be so. I can give you the whole basket and a ready bloom in exchange for a token of something well-traveled. I will need such for a project."
Flower Girl

Run by GM Sahai

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:09 am

Yamada reached into her pouch and pulled out a copper coin from Medinaa a-Salaam and offered it. "This come from the Burning Sands, the Jewel of the Desert where the very air is perfumed with these same saffron. Will it suffice?"
Widowed, Day 28

Tamori Mei

Postby Tamori Mei » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Mei's eyes lit wonder. "That will be quite adequate, Utaku-san." She accepted the meager coin as thought a treasured artifact. Will there be any other service I can provide?
Flower Girl

Run by GM Sahai

Return to “The Spring of Winter”