[Day 23 LA] Ladies' Day Out part 3

One may wonder how courtiers are ever able to find the perfect flower to ensemble their poems or gift one to their secret paramour when they are very much out of season. By the power of the kami, Tamori Mei has solved this problem at the florist shop where blooms of every seed can be found year-round.
Isawa Akiko

Re: [Day 23 LA] Ladies' Day Out part 3

Postby Isawa Akiko » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:30 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"As you like, Isawa-san... I freely admit that my own taste in these matters is largely unformed."

"As is mine," she admits with a small laugh. "There was a small garden in my family's compound, but there was not much variety. Not like this," she murmurs, in wonder. A small step aside, for a little privacy in discussion. "... there has been some... variety... when the news was shared to us by Tatsumi-san about what you had said to him." Please give me some good news.
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Isawa Koyo

Postby Isawa Koyo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:32 pm

'Mamoru-san' is here the whole time, keeping Akiko in sight and remaining alert. He is quite obviously not listening to the actual conversation, though.

Flowers...so long as nothing is poisonous...
Phoenix Clan • Ambassador • Shugenja • Earth • Fire • Jade • Hero of the People • Soul of Asako Maemuki
Isawa Mon inside a Torii Gate, Servant: Asako Baekho, 19/M

As of Day 21, Koyo is now a Jade Magistrate and Sensei.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:37 am

Isawa Akiko wrote:"As is mine," she admits with a small laugh. "There was a small garden in my family's compound, but there was not much variety. Not like this," she murmurs, in wonder. A small step aside, for a little privacy in discussion. "... there has been some... variety... when the news was shared to us by Tatsumi-san about what you had said to him." Please give me some good news.

"Oh? How so?"

He was SUPPOSED to make it sound like his idea, but very well.

"What would you like clarified?"
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:33 am

Daigotsu Yukari wrote: "Oh? How so? What would you like clarified?"

"The offer is to bring our clans closer together, yes?" A faint smile. "Would Isawa-san be joining the Emerald Spider, then? Or will you be joining us?"

Her tone is soft, and casual, and her smile stays well in place, but there is a faint uneasy glance to Koyo - at an angle that he would not be able to make out. He's not listening, not directly. But what happened those nights ago still trouble her.

"... Forgive me if it is not my place to ask." She gives a small laugh. "I have already been nakodo once already this Court, but I would prefer this discussion be more friendly than anything else. Unless a nakodo is what is needed?"
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Isawa Akiko wrote:"The offer is to bring our clans closer together, yes?" A faint smile. "Would Isawa-san be joining the Emerald Spider, then? Or will you be joining us?"

Her tone is soft, and casual, and her smile stays well in place, but there is a faint uneasy glance to Koyo - at an angle that he would not be able to make out. He's not listening, not directly. But what happened those nights ago still trouble her.

"... Forgive me if it is not my place to ask." She gives a small laugh. "I have already been nakodo once already this Court, but I would prefer this discussion be more friendly than anything else. Unless a nakodo is what is needed?"

Yukari shrugged.

"I would prefer to remain with the Spider, but if our lords come to another arrangement, it is hardly my place to object."

Even if we both know I would make a truly abysmal Phoenix, and since Tatsumi and I will not be breeding like livestock the issue is largely academic.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:07 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"I would prefer to remain with the Spider, but if our lords come to another arrangement, it is hardly my place to object."

Her eyes turn to crescents as she smiles. "You would be welcome. But it as you say, it would be up to the lords to decide." Koyo, as ambassador, has made his voice. Sadly. "So I suppose for now... we just wait and see? I take it you won't be trying to be married before the end of court." Amusement, and gentle teasing.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 pm

Isawa Akiko wrote:
Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"I would prefer to remain with the Spider, but if our lords come to another arrangement, it is hardly my place to object."

Her eyes turn to crescents as she smiles. "You would be welcome. But it as you say, it would be up to the lords to decide." Koyo, as ambassador, has made his voice. Sadly. "So I suppose for now... we just wait and see? I take it you won't be trying to be married before the end of court." Amusement, and gentle teasing.

If I could be sure of not being married at all I wouldn't even bother.

"Just so."

And a man known to have disgraced the traditions of Iaijutsu is hardly in a position to make my lord give up my service, Topaz Champion or no.

"I trust Isawa-san has made it plain that this is not some match of infatuation, in any event? We are both in no hurry to rush the traditional proceedings."

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:40 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"Just so. I trust Isawa-san has made it plain that this is not some match of infatuation, in any event? We are both in no hurry to rush the traditional proceedings."

"No, of course. Isawa-san was very pragmatic about the match." What followed afterwards was decidedly not, but... that's nothing to do with Yukari-san. "Such practicalities seem suited for the both of you."

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:53 pm

Isawa Akiko wrote:"No, of course. Isawa-san was very pragmatic about the match." What followed afterwards was decidedly not, but... that's nothing to do with Yukari-san. "Such practicalities seem suited for the both of you."

Almost as much as our total mutual sexual disinterest suits us in this arrangement.

"In any event, nothing is set in stone. After all, if the Master of Earth does not bring the rest of the Council in in a timely fashion, the issue may well be moot."

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:15 am

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"In any event, nothing is set in stone. After all, if the Master of Earth does not bring the rest of the Council in in a timely fashion, the issue may well be moot."

She nods, glad to be able to drop that polite smile. This is a grave matter. "Of course."

Return to “The Spring of Winter”