[Day 28 Midday] A Branch of Sakaki

One may wonder how courtiers are ever able to find the perfect flower to ensemble their poems or gift one to their secret paramour when they are very much out of season. By the power of the kami, Tamori Mei has solved this problem at the florist shop where blooms of every seed can be found year-round.
Kakita Kyoumi

[Day 28 Midday] A Branch of Sakaki

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:46 pm

The other arrangements have been made, but this one remains. Kakita Kyoumi had not necessarily thought to find herself here to search for it, but it remains. The sacred flowering evergreen needed for a Crane wedding was all that was left to be collected to have each piece in place.

She enters the Spring of Winter to search for it.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Tamori Mei

Re: [Day 28 Midday] A Branch of Sakaki

Postby Tamori Mei » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:29 am

Tamori Mei busied herself with pruning shrubs at this hour. She tended her flowers as if the earlier pride she took in help the Crane possibly save the Empire had been merely a footnote in her life. This was a woman deeply in love with her work. When Kyoumi stepped in, she pruned a few more leaves of her camellia before turning her attention back to Kyoumi. "Kakita-sama?"
Flower Girl

“This doesn’t even bloom in the lowlands anymore, regardless of season.”

Run by GM Sahai

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Kyoumi bows, giving the shop keeper a warm smile. "Good afternoon, Tamori-san. I have a request that you may not have had cause to receive before, but I am hoping you would have available, if only because the fortunes seemed to have already blessed you so greatly that I would look to you to find further blessings scattered about. In the lands of the Crane there is a sacred type of flowering evergreen, the Sakaki. The leaves are dark green and shaped like arrowheads, and the flowers are small and pale green-white. It is used as an essential part of the Crane wedding ceremony. It is used to bless the offering of sacred sake, and seven small branches burned as an offering to the kami. When it is not available, other branches can be used, like flowering cherry. I know you have those, and I would like such a branch if no sakaki is available. But if there is a sakaki available, might I acquire a branch? I am to be wed tomorrow."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Tamori Mei

Postby Tamori Mei » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 am

"Yes, the Sakaki. A most useful plant with delightful little blossoms." As if knowing it by heart, Mei went into the back and returned with a stubby, but flourishing bonsai with several branches. "The whole tree is yours on the condition the wood is used to carve an item for your first born."
Flower Girl

Run by GM Sahai

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Kyoumi counts the branches quickly to make sure there are at least seven good-sized twigs as well as the main branch for the haraigushi. There are. "That is something I know we can do, Mei-san. I thank you. You have been a source for many blessings at this court...and my family will not forget what we owe to you."
Appearance

Tamori Mei

Postby Tamori Mei » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:22 am

"Somehow, people simply never do." She went back to tending her camellia.
Flower Girl

Run by GM Sahai

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:29 am

Kyoumi bows, and leaves Mei to tend her flowers in peace.

But one day, in a beautiful corner of the Kakita Academy gardens, there will be a shrine to the fortune Konohama. And the figure in that shrine will bear a rather striking resemblance to a certain Tamori.
Appearance

Return to “The Spring of Winter”