[Day 13] Early Evening - I told you to expect me (Open for all the Mantis)

The Mantis loyal to the Emperor occupy the southwest tower of the castle, just beyond the final gate. It overlooks the snowed-in mountain pass. Left upon a pillow in the common room is a single koku. Its markings indicate it was minted by the Mantis Clan and stamped with the year 1133.
Kokujin Kaneda

[Day 13] Early Evening - I told you to expect me (Open for all the Mantis)

Postby Kokujin Kaneda » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:13 pm

Unexpected and unpleasant, the Monk was at the entrance of the Mantis embassy. He seems to look at nothing in particular. What shenanigans had the mad villain in store? Only one way to find out.
Matchmaker from Hell * Mad Monk of Benten * Thrice Denied * Princess Stalker

Yoritomo Mei

Re: [Day 13] Early Evening - I told you to expect me (Open for all the Mantis)

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:33 pm

And there was the young girl, ready to receive a visit totally unexpected and not so unpleasant in her eyes, except for the fact that she was his mortal enemy.

"K-Kokujin-san... You... You really came!" she replied with a broad smile, uncertain whether her delegation companions would want to attend such a suspicious visit.

"What would be the pleasure of your visit?"

The walls of the embassy have been strung with banners, some from military units and others clearly salvaged ship sails and flags. The central table was decorated with several pieces of jade statuary, in one corner, a carved mantis insect stands on watch, in another a more human mantis raises a single kama triumphantly above his head. And friendly representations of a jolly fox and a ship at full sail.

In a side table labouring under the weight of several bottles, casks and chests, the Kokujin also could see the golden bowl that he gave her. No one except her had yet known the source of that bowl, however.
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Kokujin Kaneda

Postby Kokujin Kaneda » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:05 pm

"It's time."

Without much ceremony he passes through Mei, into the embassy. Mei truly did not know Kaneda well enough if she thinks she even registers as an "enemy" to the deranged man.

"You will tell me about you. I will tell you about me. Let's finally understand each other without hassles. Here I am more vulnerable than you, here I have no Control - As much as I hate to admit."

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:12 pm

"It's time? But... what for it's time, Kokujin-san?" the girl watches surprised while the Kokujin intrudes into her embassy.

She gawks when he reminds her the reasons for being there, not believing that she would be less vulnerable than him in that situation. The monk had many tricks, but she was determined to face him... for the better or for the worse.

"Where should we start, Kokujin-san?"
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Kokujin Kaneda

Postby Kokujin Kaneda » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:52 am

Yoritomo Mei wrote:"It's time? But... what for it's time, Kokujin-san?" the girl watches surprised while the Kokujin intrudes into her embassy.

She gawks when he reminds her the reasons for being there, not believing that she would be less vulnerable than him in that situation. The monk had many tricks, but she was determined to face him... for the better or for the worse.

"Where should we start, Kokujin-san?"

"With your crazy talk. I am not one to be undone when it comes this flawed concept of 'sanity' Rokugan, Emerald or Onyx, love to parade. You said you wished to protect me. Explain."

He glares at Mei. She could feel the passion on his words, a bizarre mix of hate, anger and... Something else?

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:28 am

Kokujin Kaneda wrote:"With your crazy talk. I am not one to be undone when it comes this flawed concept of 'sanity' Rokugan, Emerald or Onyx, love to parade. You said you wished to protect me. Explain."

He glares at Mei. She could feel the passion on his words, a bizarre mix of hate, anger and... Something else?

She looks directly into Kaneda's eyes as she responds.

"Well, Kokujin-san... You told me that to become what you are nowadays, it was necessary to support much violence in your own body! In addition to it, you also told me that eventually you would be the Spider that would be eated... so tell me, you were also injured by the oppression of the Onyx Empire? I believed you also are being oppressed, so I felt like I would like to protect you." she looks at Kaneda, with a sense of kindness towards her enemy. Maybe her gentle heart was a trap for the girl.

Kokujin Kaneda

Postby Kokujin Kaneda » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:49 am

[i]He stares at her for a good minute. He shakes his head.
[/i]
"I see your effort, even know you play the game of court... This is my world, Little Mei. You have much to learn. You said that you wished to protect me... At the Flower Shop, before you knew about any of the facts you recollect."

He walks towards the inside of the embassy.

"Won't you show me inside?

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:11 am

"Oh, I'm sorry Kokujin-san, I didn't direct you into the room as I should!" she leads the Kokujin to the center table, where jade statues rest and there are some cushions to sit on. It was not intentional to put him near the jade.

"Please, make yourself comfortable! I would like to serve you a delight of Islands of Spice and Silk"

The one you managed to destroy, before we succeed in rebuilding it... Mei gives him a stern look for a moment, but then recovers her gentle expression.

"You just have to tell me if you'd like some tea or something stronger to drink!"

Kokujin Kaneda

Postby Kokujin Kaneda » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:22 pm

"Pick whatever you wish to serve to me. Tea? Sake? Poison? Whatever Lady Mei serves, I will drink. Today is a day we get to meet each other after all. Being honest is important."

He seems hellbent on challenging his boundaries.

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:45 am

"Poison, Kokujin-san?!" she exclaims, visibly angry "You really don't know me, do you?"

First thing to know about her.

She calmly takes a teapot that was being kept warm at a nearby table, as well as two cups, one for her, and one for the Kokujin.

With a smile, she says "This is a specialty of our islands! It tastes a little strong, but it helps to keep us warm! It's said that the spices, fruits and herbs that make up this blend arouse passion!"

Return to “Nativist Mantis Faction Embassy”