[Day 15, Late Afternoon] Don't Mention the War - Mantis on Mantis

The Mantis loyal to the Emperor occupy the southwest tower of the castle, just beyond the final gate. It overlooks the snowed-in mountain pass. Left upon a pillow in the common room is a single koku. Its markings indicate it was minted by the Mantis Clan and stamped with the year 1133.
Tsuruchi Mao

Re: [Day 15, Late Afternoon] Don't Mention the War - Mantis on Mantis

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Yoritomo Waito wrote:
"Best make sure not to offend the Phoenix, if that's the case. They might see it as encroachin' on their speciality."

Mao scoffed. "The Phoenix should be too humble right now to complain about the piety of others."
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:40 pm

"I have a friend in the Phoenix so I will have a talk with him about the Centipede before going before the Dais. Although," she considered her words carefully, before she said, "I have a feeling the Phoenix's concerns of us approaching to much of their speciality are going to fade soon. The Phoenix are finally learning that nothing lasts forever, and that change comes for all."

A touch of a pause, "And they may even have learned it before it was too late."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:57 am

"Regardless o' the validity o' the claim, I think the Phoenix may still cite it. Checking with them beforehand would certainly help, Janisha-san." Waito ponders for a moment. "The others who might argue'd be the Lion, given their history."
Midori

Monk • Experienced Yoritomo Waito

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:27 pm

The Lion...Janisha pauses to consider it, "The Onyx Delegation will also likely cause trouble, but there is very little I can do about that."

Perhaps Tetsu, Zetsubou and Kibo could be talked to, but what could the Moshi offer then that would satisfy the Lion. Especially after asking so much of them so far.

They aren't needed...but I would like to have their support.

"I am not sure....I am not sure what the Moshi could offer the Lion to stay neutral. I have left them with a good impression, and the Lion and Centipede have only had one war from what I know. But what we ask is not traditional. A clan absorbed is not born again."
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Moshi Janisha wrote:"I am not sure....I am not sure what the Moshi could offer the Lion to stay neutral. I have left them with a good impression, and the Lion and Centipede have only had one war from what I know. But what we ask is not traditional. A clan absorbed is not born again."

"We three do have a meeting with the Lion tomorrow - I might mention it briefly there," Waito says. "Perhaps then you and I, Janisha-san, might meet with one o' the Lion at a later date to broach the topic?"
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:24 am

Janisha nods, "Well then, Mina-sama... I offer a toast. It is tea, rather then sake, but in this case I think its acceptable."

She takes her cup and raises it above her head, "To the future....a united Mantis, a Centipede searching its soul and the amazing Yoritomo, soon Moshi who helped make it happen."

[/scene?]
Description

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:01 am

"I'd hardly claim to be amazing," Waito says as he raises his cup.

/scene
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:31 am

/scene
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Return to “Nativist Mantis Faction Embassy”