[Day 19 EE] Sprouts (Ask)

The Mantis loyal to the Emperor occupy the southwest tower of the castle, just beyond the final gate. It overlooks the snowed-in mountain pass. Left upon a pillow in the common room is a single koku. Its markings indicate it was minted by the Mantis Clan and stamped with the year 1133.
Tsuruchi Mao

[Day 19 EE] Sprouts (Ask)

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Tsuruchi Mao had no idea how to decorate the embassy for Crane visitors. Honestly, she found the giant statues garish, but didn't dare move them. Mao found some pretty and unobtrusive folding screens which she tried to arrange demurely. She made sure tea and rice balls were ready if needed, and waited for her guest.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Doji Arami

Re: [Day 19 EE] Sprouts (Ask)

Postby Doji Arami » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Fragrant and resplendent, Doji Arami arrives at the Mantis embassy, his presence beautifying the very room. Seeing without looking, he notes the effort that was taken to make the meeting presentable, and is pleased that it had been made. He bows fluidly, wondering idly what kind of tea the Tsuruchi had served.

"Greetings, Mao-san. It is a pleasure to meet you again."
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:45 pm

So familiar.

"Thank you for coming, Doji-sama. You do me a great service," Mao replied, motioning for him to sit. She poured tea--nothing special in itself, but drops of lemon had been added to the pot, and a curl of rind was left to steep in it.

"I also have rice balls if you're peckish," she added.

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Arami sips the tea and is pleased to detect the sharpness of the lemon in it, and partakes of the Tsuruchi's balls. Delicious.

"The end of Winter Court approaches and it is good that we have found the time to meet." He then withdraws from his obi two scrolls - one thick and stamped with the Imperial chyrsanthemum, the other fragrant and tied with a blue ribbon - and presents the first to the Mantis.

"I have received official sanction from the Treasurer to conduct an agricultural experiment - to see if crops planted on holy earth and raised with holy water can be grown. If successful, this method may be replicated across the Clans to buy the Empire additional time to solve this blight afflicting us. Would this happen to be something the Mantis would be interested in?"
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Doji Arami wrote:Arami sips the tea and is pleased to detect the sharpness of the lemon in it, and partakes of the Tsuruchi's balls. Delicious.

"The end of Winter Court approaches and it is good that we have found the time to meet." He then withdraws from his obi two scrolls - one thick and stamped with the Imperial chyrsanthemum, the other fragrant and tied with a blue ribbon - and presents the first to the Mantis.

"I have received official sanction from the Treasurer to conduct an agricultural experiment - to see if crops planted on holy earth and raised with holy water can be grown. If successful, this method may be replicated across the Clans to buy the Empire additional time to solve this blight afflicting us. Would this happen to be something the Mantis would be interested in?"

Mao put on a genuine smile.

"I am glad to see you have found a way to help mitigate the food shortage. For the Mantis, the Kitsune have managed to cleanse the Isles, but thank you for the offer. Have you been able to help others?"

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:10 am

A genuine smile as well at the Mantis' good fortune.

"We do plan to. Strengthening the Clans is strengthening the Empire, and brings us closer to striking a telling blow against the Onyx. I hope that these efforts and my logistical skills would find merit in Kiyokaizu-sama's eyes."

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:51 am

Doji Arami wrote:A genuine smile as well at the Mantis' good fortune.

"We do plan to. Strengthening the Clans is strengthening the Empire, and brings us closer to striking a telling blow against the Onyx. I hope that these efforts and my logistical skills would find merit in Kiyokaizu-sama's eyes."

"I'm sure they will," the hunter said with a confident nod. "Now, I was wondering if you might recommend a hardy plant for me to cultivate on the mountain, and perhaps tell me how to keep it alive?"

If such a thing is even possible.

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:44 am

"Indeed," Arami replies, thinking to all that he has learned about growing this Winter Court.

"You can plant morning glories, Mao-san. There is a particularly hardy variety, quick-growing and cold resistant. Waito-san acquired them 8 days ago from the flower shop and your embassy is full of them. I suggest they would be best to plant in this chilly, mountain clime."

(OCC: Lore: Agriculture roll of 34 using 1 Void point)
Last edited by Doji Arami on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:02 am

Doji Arami wrote:"Indeed," Arami replies, thinking to ]all that he has learned about growing this Winter Court.

"You can plant morning glories, Mao-san. There is a particularly hardy variety, hardy, quick-growing and cold resistant. Waito-san acquired them 8 days ago from the flower shop and your embassy is full of them. I suggest they would be best to plant in this chilly, mountain clime."

(OCC: Lore: Agriculture roll of 34 using 1 Void point)

Mao's eyes went wide with surprise, but for once she managed to reign in her on.

"I see. Yes, I will speak to him. Thank you."

((And thank you!!))

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:05 am

Arami offers the Mantis a gracious nod.

"The Doji take care of their friends, Mao-san."

Return to “Nativist Mantis Faction Embassy”