[Day 22, Early Afternoon] Set Aside

The Mantis loyal to the Emperor occupy the southwest tower of the castle, just beyond the final gate. It overlooks the snowed-in mountain pass. Left upon a pillow in the common room is a single koku. Its markings indicate it was minted by the Mantis Clan and stamped with the year 1133.
Yoritomo Waito

Re: [Day 22, Early Afternoon] Set Aside

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:51 am

Yoritomo Mei wrote:"I could help writing Waito-sama's biography, what do you think? It would be a cautionary tale named Yoritomo Waito, the life of one man! By Yoritomo Mei! " she falls into ecstasy imagining the fortune she would gain from the story of Waito "We just need to omit the black scroll part, replace it with a profane but irrelevant object!"

"Or perhaps a play, Mei-chan? I'm surprised you haven't already staged one this court!"

Yoritomo Mei wrote:"I'm not sure what I want to do... maybe be the new Admiral of the the Devils Flower!" she laughs "I bet I look better with this admiral hat than Gin-sama!" she points to the admiral's hat she wore "Do you think what I'm doing is noble, Midori-sama? I sometimes think the opposite... but I try to do the right thing my own way! I really hope Lord Ichido and Lord Arashi can be friends!" she says, with a mix of hope and youthful stupidity "I know I'm not the smartest and insightful person... Waito-sama I'll be missing in this sense!"

"Men always love a woman in a hat, Mei-chan. Keep it, if you want - it never stayed on Waito's head more than five minutes when he wore it at sea." Midori sobers up as talk turns to duty. Monk-mode "What is it that you are doing? What is the right thing?"
Midori

Monk • Experienced Yoritomo Waito

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:46 am

Yoritomo Waito wrote:"Or perhaps a play, Mei-chan? I'm surprised you haven't already staged one this court!"

"Great idea, Midori-sama! A PLAY!" she smiles enthusiastically "Yoritomo Waito, the life of one man! Starring Yoritomo Mei as Yoritomo Waito! But it's true, I could have done a lot more plays in this court" or much more things in general.

Yoritomo Waito wrote:"Men always love a woman in a hat, Mei-chan. Keep it, if you want - it never stayed on Waito's head more than five minutes when he wore it at sea." Midori sobers up as talk turns to duty. Monk-mode "What is it that you are doing? What is the right thing?"

"I also love a woman in a hat, Midori-sama! But womans never love me, only men! Life is unfair" she saddens "But I will keep this hat, I'm already feeling important with it!" she makes a pose of sea explorer. Disciple-mode "The right thing is a reconciliation, Midori-sama! I would like to repair what was broken and make Lord Ichido a man worthy of being a Mantis champion in the eyes of Yoritomo! I would like to make impossible things become possible! I would like to redeem ourselves before the heavens!"
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:20 am

Yoritomo Mei wrote:"Yoritomo Waito, the life of one man! Starring Yoritomo Mei as Yoritomo Waito!"

The monk rummages in a nearby sack, retrieving a few long strands of cut hair. "You'll need to grow a moustache to carry that role, Mei-chan!"

"I also love a woman in a hat, Midori-sama! But womans never love me, only men! Life is unfair"

"We can find a nice, hat-wearing lady for you, Mei-chan! To paraphrase a far more wretched monk, Benten will find a way!"

"The right thing is a reconciliation, Midori-sama! I would like to repair what was broken and make Lord Ichido a man worthy of being a Mantis champion in the eyes of Yoritomo! I would like to make impossible things become possible! I would like to redeem ourselves before the heavens!"

"Ambitious! Just as the Mantis Clan have always been! But you are ambitious for others, not yourself, which proves it a truly noble goal you are striving for. Set such an example for Lord Ichido, as that useless Waito singularly failed to do."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:53 am

Yoritomo Waito wrote:The monk rummages in a nearby sack, retrieving a few long strands of cut hair. "You'll need to grow a moustache to carry that role, Mei-chan!"

Mei collects the hair and smiles "I'm going to sew this adorable hair soon, so when I need it, I can adorn my face with a nice mustache!" she examines the hair closely "Waito-sama was a man who took good care of his hair... It must be why he was popular with women!"

Yoritomo Waito wrote:"We can find a nice, hat-wearing lady for you, Mei-chan! To paraphrase a far more wretched monk, Benten will find a way!"

Mei sighs with love I liked that wretched monk!

"Would you help me with that, Midori-sama? I'm very grateful! I made good friends, but all the women in this court seem to be so boring and straight regarding romance! But the one I like most is Princess Haihime and I believe she would be beautiful with a nice hat! Would you mediate a progressive meeting with her, Midori-sama? We don't need to injure any Miai tradition, it would just be an innocent introduction between two single maidens in search of pure friendship! If she no longer has a promised man, of course!" she makes a face of disgust as she thinks of a possible betrothed to Haihime.

Yoritomo Waito wrote:"Ambitious! Just as the Mantis Clan have always been! But you are ambitious for others, not yourself, which proves it a truly noble goal you are striving for. Set such an example for Lord Ichido, as that useless Waito singularly failed to do."

"Don't be so cruel to Waito-sama, Midori-sama! He went through many difficult things... he did all he could for his Lord, following excellently the Chugo! He endured a burden that no one could have endured! And finally, he had the courage to pay for it alone, thus redeeming his entire clan!"
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Yoritomo Ichido

Postby Yoritomo Ichido » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:14 am

The man who had been deemed the Savior of Storms watched the fuss from the doorway. The words of his vassals could be heared quite easily from up stairs. Ichido did not ask what this was about. He already knew. "Waito- Midori-san," he spoke, "Thank you. Do you need anything?"
Native Mantis Clan | Ambassador | Savior of the Mantis

“We are not dead! We are not bowed! You will remember our names!”

Run by GM Sahai

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:59 am

The monk bows to the champion of the Mantis. "Midori does not require more of you, Lord Ichido. It is more than generous that you are allowing him to sleep within this room, already. I can only hope that Waito's departure will allow you to reach for even greater heights." He suddenly smiles. "Although, given your clout being so much greater than this humble monk, perhaps you might be able to secure our the Mantis' top diplomat here a meeting with the Princess of Ashes."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:50 am

Yoritomo Waito wrote:...

Yoritomo Ichido wrote:...

Mei is taken by surprise by the arrival of her Lord.

She bows in the ground respectfully "ICHIDO-DONO!" and then stands up to explain herself.

"What do you think of a diplomatic meeting with Haihime, Ichido-dono? I believe that any confusion you may have heard may be clarified here and now, My Lord! These walls can make the noises whirl, bringing deceptive sounds to our ears! This humble vassal has serious and noble intentions towards Haihime of approaching our clans with friendship! What do you think about her, Ichido-dono?"

If Ichido-dono goes to a meeting with Haihime with me, it's not a fair competition! Obviously she will pay more attention to his awesome qualities!
Last edited by Yoritomo Mei on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yoritomo Ichido

Postby Yoritomo Ichido » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:00 pm

"The Princess of Ashes reminded me of an albino crow that swooped into a flowerbed and is shooed away by the gardener while it was picking out the pests. I like her. But first is first. We settle things with the Warlord."
Native Mantis Clan | Ambassador | Savior of the Mantis

“We are not dead! We are not bowed! You will remember our names!”

Run by GM Sahai

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:58 pm

"You are right, Ichido-dono! Let's solve what needs to be solved first."

"But, please, tell me how do you think we should conduct such a meeting? I don't know if a public performance would be suitable... although I had little opportunity to make such artistic demonstrations during the court, and it would be a chance"

Return to “Nativist Mantis Faction Embassy”