[D28 EA] Mantis and Unicorn

The Mantis loyal to the Emperor occupy the southwest tower of the castle, just beyond the final gate. It overlooks the snowed-in mountain pass. Left upon a pillow in the common room is a single koku. Its markings indicate it was minted by the Mantis Clan and stamped with the year 1133.
Moshi Janisha

Re: [D28 EA] Mantis and Unicorn

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:06 am

Yoritomo Mei wrote:"I believe what we could do is a promise for the future, once Kyuden Ashinagabachi is where we can best retake and we are already discussing strategies for such. It's also easily accessible for the horses. What do you think, Moshi-sama?"

Its at this point Janisha remembers Mei is one of the few people that know less about her homeland then her, "Now Mei, I didn't say that. I said it can't go up Amaterasu's Climb." She points to the east, "That's how you get from the sea to the valley. To the West is treacherous Pass...and that is VERY secure."

Janisha didn't wish to talk about how this was known of course....it was best not to talk about the battle of Treacherous pass in front of a Unicorn.

"We just can't hold the whole herd. Lead a small amount through Treacherous Pass is possible, depending on where the Blessed Herd is currently located."

Looking away from the map, she added, "Although I must add, that I would be surprised if they need our help still but the time Kyuden Ashinagabachi is retaken...Unicorn Land and Lion Land is where I hear the main strike force is starting."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yoritomo Mei

Re: [D28 EA] Mantis and Unicorn

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Moshi Janisha wrote:Its at this point Janisha remembers Mei is one of the few people that know less about her homeland then her, "Now Mei, I didn't say that. I said it can't go up Amaterasu's Climb." She points to the east, "That's how you get from the sea to the valley. To the West is treacherous Pass...and that is VERY secure."

"Well, if you say that we can carry a small amount of horses safely through Treacherous Pass, so I believe we can go with that!"

"But it would still be necessary to overcome the obstacles of the Mountains of Regret to get Treacherous Pass?"

"About Kyuden Ashinagabachi... you are damn right my Champion!"

((I responded that way after talking to the gms, and it seemed that there was no way for the horses cross the terrain to the valley. Now I have reread a message from Ebisu and I see I misunderstood him, you're right. It's really possible go through the mountains, although it's not an easy path for the horses.))
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Return to “Nativist Mantis Faction Embassy”