[Day 29 LE] - That One Last Thing

The Mantis loyal to the Emperor occupy the southwest tower of the castle, just beyond the final gate. It overlooks the snowed-in mountain pass. Left upon a pillow in the common room is a single koku. Its markings indicate it was minted by the Mantis Clan and stamped with the year 1133.
Shiba Michio

[Day 29 LE] - That One Last Thing

Postby Shiba Michio » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Shiba Michio arrives at the Mantis enclave dressed in a black juban and hakama with a black and deep gold obi wrapped around his waist. He announces himself to a servant then settles into sezia in front of the coin.
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Moshi Janisha

Re: [Day 29 LE] - That One Last Thing

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Janisha is doing paperwork when the servant arrives, trying to learn everything she could about the New Storm's status, and catch up on everything that should have been done by the Mantis Clan Champion in the four days there hadn't been one.

If this had happened on day 22, I swear there wouldn't even BE a Mantis. How can 4 days generate this much work.

On hearing that the Shiba had arrived at the Embassy, Janisha paused, How had he known... She shook her head. She was Clan Champion now, what she did was probably something every servant in the castle knew. Anyone could find her if they knew to ask.

And besides... she really was only going to be in one of two locations.

Asking for tea to be brought, she proceeds out to the main meeting room, "May the Jade Sun guide you Shiba-san. Have you had rice...at least this afternoon?"

She looks down at the coin, "That coin changed hands quite a few times this court... I suppose its mine now once again." She shook her head, "I still wonder if the Dragon Clan Champion knew...if that was one test or two."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:21 pm

"Or many, and the start of many more."

Michio bows low to the new Clan Champion. "I have been so blessed Moshi-san. Yourself?"
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:41 pm

"I suppose that is true Shiba-san, but I meant specifically if it was two questions in particular to Yoritomo Ichido-dono. It is many questions and many tests to all people of couse as is the nature of the Path."

She pauses to consider the Shiba's use of honourific, but is unsure what to make of it. The Shiba did not seem likely to slip up by accident as others, including herself, would after a sudden promotion, so she knew not what to make of this.

A lesson perhaps?

As the servants arrive, she pours the tea, first to her guest them for herself, and responds to his other question, "Inari has blessed me, yes."

She heditated then asks, "Forgive my rudeness, but given the hour, amoung other things, should I be concerned that you sought me out, Shiba-san?" They had only talked once after all.
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:49 pm

"Hai."

He sips his tea. "I come bearing a warning, a gift, and a request. None will be to your liking, but my time is short and much remains undone."

"I suppose I should ask you which you would like first. That is traditional, is it not?" He tilts his head to one side, as if listening to something far away.
"This is a start."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Janisha frowns, "No lesson this time, Shiba-san? This one greatly enjoyed our last talk. I would like to think I learned much from it." She drinks a small sip of her tea and then continues, "And should I be worried about you? Is their anything I can do? Court ends soon, but I suspect you are not refering to such a thing."

She paused, considering the man in front of her, wondering what could happen that would lead him to come here due to short time, what fate awaited him. Finally she said, "I would offer to scry your future....but this one suspects that even if the Heavens answered as well as they once did, you would not want me to do that. 'To know the future is the flower; belief that it is fixed, that it cannot be changed is the folly.' To know the flower is a great blessing....but makes the folly so much easier to fall into."

Finally she sighed, "The gift first would be traditional, however I have nothing to offer in return. A poor host that makes me I suppose. I do appologise, Shiba-san."
Description

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Michio bows his head. "Lessons, hai, but I do not know if they are wisdom."

He sets down his tea cup and presses his hands together before his heart. He bows low.

"My gift is this. Rejoice! The Heavens are near enough to hear our every word, to see our every action. They have not forgotten us."

His voice grows low.

"Or forgiven."
"This is a start."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:38 pm

If the Shiba expected that to be not to her liking, he was greatly mistake. Great Joy filled her features, and she smiled, "Its not perfect... but its a start. A hope for the future, a path to redemption. Forgiveness will likely take time.... a lot of time in fact, and many a people and a lands will likely be cursed due to divine punishment we have earned."

"But it is a start, a step that can be worked towards."

Taking a mouthful of tea, she said, "This one would hear of how you know of this news. Its clearly not the Oracle of Thunder's actions at play here, for she is in Otosan Uchi, guided the Warlord's forces till he returns. Nor is it the Fire Dragon that we saw when we called upon the vision of the Ancestors, for you would not share what I already knew. What new sign that the heavens still watch us has become clear?"
Description

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Michio sits back, opening his ash-stained hands. "When we spoke, we talked of the tai'ji, the two which are one and the Way which lies between them. We spoke of fallen Kami, of Seals, and of bowls.

The Heaven's have chosen to answer our prayers for aid in addressing the Isawa's blasphemy. Lord Moon has spoken and I will see his will done."

He folds his hands, left palm over right fist, right fist curled over left thumb. "It is necessary and correct. What we have created here will give the purge structure, organization, a chance for mercy earned by piety and remorse. But I will have none. And when I am done, there will be more to punish."

He opens his left hand, leaving just the clenched fist. "There must be justice but there must also be mercy. There must be retribution but there must also be compassion. Balance must be maintained, a Way must be found, or what rises will be worse than what we cast down."

"And so you are warned."
"This is a start."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:26 am

Janisha frowns, "If a Oracle of Obsidian has emerged, then am Oracle of Jade is soon to follow. Balance, after all must be maintained...." She paused for a moment and then said, "Of course last time the Jade Dragon emerged first, so balance would suggest that it may take time."

She shook her head, "I take it this is confirmation that some of the Elemental masters have no intention of bowing to the authority of the steel throne. We cannot afford such selfishness while we fight the Onyx Empire."

She paused, "Still I should ask....is this warning for the Empire...or for me?"

Has the Yogo spoken...only he would tell enough to earn a warning but not enough for the Shiba to understand.
Description

Return to “Nativist Mantis Faction Embassy”